Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

What the hell are we supposed to believe?
      #197365 - 06/23/06 09:32 PM

I have had every symptom in the book tested and have tried to put this behind me and then I read this shit.

Ask the expert (Dr. Horworth)
Dated May 4th
Partner and I just tested positive

I'm scared as hell and just don't know what to believe.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What the hell are we supposed to believe? new
      #197366 - 06/23/06 09:38 PM

you are not making yourself clear on the issues you have. you tested past 12 weeks negative ? if so then you are in the clear. are you having fevers and swollen glands ? what is your issue maybe someone can give you some advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197368 - 06/23/06 09:54 PM

Symptoms mean nothing, my point is these two people tested neg at three and pos later. If it's soooooooo rare why would both of them have tested neg at three? Nobody wants to ever talk about those people. There are more then just that post I can show you of people testing neg then pos after the window period that come here to ask the experts questions.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197369 - 06/23/06 10:13 PM

who is doctor horworth ? what expert is he ? is he on this site ? make yourself clear we can not read your mind

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197370 - 06/23/06 10:15 PM

B/S ,show me!! Some jerks get on the web and proclaim they are HIV poz all the time. Show me their testing times, results and prove they have not had sex during the so-called window period. Its all B/S. If you tested neg 6/8/12 weeks you are neg unless your immune system is a disaster zone. D.J.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197371 - 06/23/06 10:18 PM

this post ? well I don't believe it for 1 second. they tested a few times before 3 months then they tested again just for the hell of it at 3 months then a year later test positive ? makes no sense to me why this person tested all those times and just happened to test one more time positive. it's a bullshit post.

I'm absolutely at a loss as to what I should say or do. We're both 36 and before my partner and I were monogamous, in April of 2005 I had an anonymous encounter with someone HIV+. My partner and I waited the three months and were tested several times before we allowed ourselves to feel like we had dodged a bullet. Now, in APR-06 we both just tested positive and I know he got it from me. Why did he have to get it? Why couldn't it just be me? He's always been so very careful until I came along. He's now almost despondent. I know he loves me and knows that his choices have led him to his status, but he is still angry and everytime he looks at me, he sees the person that made him sick. What do I do with this guilt? How do I help him to believe that he still can have a long and happy life and that he is not dirty, that he can still be proud of who he is and proud of all the things he was proud of just two days ago? How can I live with myself knowing that I finally found someone that I knew I would be with for the rest of my life and now I've killed him?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197373 - 06/23/06 10:21 PM

did you ever stop to think the other one cheated too ? this post is from a very very hurt person.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #197386 - 06/24/06 12:34 AM

I finally found someone that I knew I would be with for the rest of my life and now I've killed him?

Suggest you both get some support in LIVING WITH. Just a thought. Me and my Partner are both pos until its all said and done with...

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Eric this story has to do w/ window period new
      #197396 - 06/24/06 03:16 AM

This is about the window period, and the couple who converted after 3 months. If you look at the first post you will see where I got the story from. This just goes to show you that converting after 3 months is not that freakin rare.

Anonymous
Unregistered

BS new
      #197397 - 06/24/06 03:21 AM

they BOTH converted after 3 months is total BS. how rare is that ?

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #197403 - 06/24/06 05:26 AM

From what I'm getting, this couple tested NEG at 3 mos and then POS at 1 yr. Just take a few mins and STOP and think: don't you think they could have gotten infected during the 9 mos in between?
The post doesn't prove anything, there are too many possibilities...

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197417 - 06/24/06 09:29 AM

Maybe, maybe not! That is what makes me most upset about this window crap, if someone does turn pos after the window or even after 6 months, are they going to be called liars or are these people being being taken serious? All I can say is that I have been very sick and if I convert after all this time and I'm not believed, that's going to be some sad shit. I was in the best health before my exposure and have had alot of text book classic symptoms of HIV. My point is not to scare just to point out that I do read all the posts from the experts on this site and there are people saying that it took them longer then even 6 months. Here's another example:

Dr. Sherer
March 30, 2006
Mutations
That is just about me and look at what that gal had to go thru. It's sad to see that this may be true and hurts like hell. She knew she had something and nobody believed her till she just freakin fell out. My point is they may not be liars and may very well be telling the truth, they in no way would come here to share with us cause alot of people on this board would just have nothing to say other then they had to have had another exposure. If you read the post the doc even states in a clinical setting testing where symptoms are suggestive of an HIV infection testing out past window is a good thing. This post is not for those who feel fine and have no real reason for concern, it's for those of us who have bad symptoms or a known exposure. I know I'm going to take shit from this, but I'm putting it out there, I would always want to come to this site if I end up being one of these RARE cases, but I don't want to be looked as someone who is a liar either.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197427 - 06/24/06 10:45 AM

Why don't you just find a doctor that will do a viral load test on you then? That will prove for once and for all whether you're infected. But if you tested negative at 12/13 weeks, then you don't have it. You might want to try other possibilities than HIV for your symptoms.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197428 - 06/24/06 10:53 AM

I don't believe that the post is telling the entire story. It's very possible that one of these partners cheated again and that's why they ended up positive. The window period has been studied extensively by many experts and it is three months.

Cobal
Unregistered

#197430 - 06/24/06 11:11 AM

I can not beleive you guys are that closed minded to still think that 3 months is conclusive. There are many people associted with this site who will tell you that it took them longer.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4350

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3