Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to be the one case
      #19647 - 07/23/01 05:23 PM

Hi All. I am back again and not feeling any better. I thank you all for the postings to my really really scared but I am ready to go out of my mind already. I had the experience with getting a blowjob from an hiv unknown and having the health department scare the [censored] out of me. I asked Dr. Gallant at Hopkins sight The link in case any of you want to read it is http://www.hopkins-aids.edu/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&id=39110&category_id=0. I'm stil not feeling any better. I had the 4 month elisa come out negative but was just diagnosed with swollen glands in my neck by my doctor which is just shy of 5 months after the possible exposure. I don't know if the antibiotic is working or not. My neck and head are killing me and my goddamn hiv test hasn't come back yet. My other blood work came back which was negative for Strep but only showed I have been exposed to Epstein Barr sometime in my life. People I'm freaking out. Get ready. I'm gonna be the 2nd documented case of hiv from a blowjob.
Has anybody had to wait more than 3 days for their elisa to come back?
Does anybody have an idea of what could be causing my glands to be swollen and my head to hurt so much?
Does Sress do this to a person's body?
Does anybody in here know of a friend or somebody that got infected from a blowjob?

Can't handle this anxiety any more.

I have this strange feeling something went wrong in the lab with my test and now they are performing all sorts of confirmatory tests.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
panicked
Unregistered

Re: I'm going to be the one case new
      #19650 - 07/23/01 05:35 PM

not exactly but i was recently exposed and im still waiting the window period of 3 month's, lately i had headache and my throught feels funny.

we have the same fear.

CopperBlue
Expert

Reged: 06/04/01
      #19652 - 07/23/01 06:01 PM

In answer to your questions:

1) Infection from receiving oral sex is HIGHLY unlikely.

2) If you were negative at 4 months, it's pretty safe to assume you are negative, period. ARS would not occur 5 months after exposure.

3) Swollen glands are common in many illnesses. Frequent headaches should be checked out by a doctor.

4) Stress can cause any number of symptoms. Never underestimate the power of your own mind.

5) Standard ELISA antibody tests can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks to return from the lab.

Please try not to worry. Give the antibiotics a chance to do their job. Do not skip any doses. And hang in there - you're fine :)

Copper

Candy
Unregistered

#19653 - 07/23/01 06:09 PM

Relax. Swollen glands can be caused by anything. And if it was due to HIV infection. You would have swollen lymphnodes everywhere not just your neck.

A 4 month Negative is excellent! You are fine. Really you are. I wish you would believe that.

Oops
Unregistered

#19661 - 07/23/01 07:40 PM

* "Has anybody had to wait more than 3 days for their elisa to come back?" Yes. I had to wait 2 weeks, mine was negative.

* "Does anybody have an idea of what could be causing my glands to be swollen and my head to hurt so much?" Tons of bacterial and NON-HIV viral infections. Glands are part of your immune system, they get pissed off from all kinds of things.

* "Does Sress do this to a person's body?" This and worse. Read on.

* "Does anybody in here know of a friend or somebody that got infected from a blowjob?" Nope, although I have seen a post on another board where a guy claims (very credibly) to have gotten HIV from GIVING a blow job.

*"Can't handle this anxiety any more." Yes, you can. read on.

* "I have this strange feeling something went wrong in the lab with my test and now they are performing all sorts of confirmatory tests." Nah, they're just pokey.

Sounds like you have some kind of bug, or a MASSIVE case of stress. I'd actually bet on a mixture, but here are the physical symptoms I suffered before being declared conclusively negative:
* Sweats
* Tremors
* Pain in my neck and armpits (from feeling my nodes all the time, dontcha know?)
* A mild, sunburn-like SENSATION on my back and shoulders (no actual rash.)
* disorientation
* chest pain and heart palpitations
* leg pain
* MASSIVE sinus involvement and headache. This came, believe it or not, from continually grinding my teeth during stress/panic attacks. I was able to prove it out, and once I did they started lessening almost immediately.

You are negative at 4 months. Does that mean you could be positive at 6 months? Not from a blowjob. Remember: Low Risk and Theoretical Risk are often synonymous, because NO doctor is going to say "it's not possible."

You're gonna be fine. Really. In the short term: take a long, HOT shower, let that water just pound the mess out of the back of your head and neck. Listen to your doctor, and take ALL the antibiotics.

Hang in there.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#19664 - 07/23/01 09:27 PM

I'm sorry I should have checked my grammer. I meant a 4 week elisa was negative. Does anybody feel any different about their responses to me?

Bullfrog
Unregistered

#19683 - 07/24/01 06:54 AM

Wow, if you think you are that special, you should play the National lottery. You should have moved on after your 3 month negative test. Swollen glands are possibly caused by you thinking that you'll be the 2nd documented person in the whole world to get hiv from getting a blow job. How dare you!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1808

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3