Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Niclas
Unregistered

Window Period
      #19475 - 07/19/01 05:41 AM

Hi Everyone,
My Names is Niclas and I lives in Sweden. In Sweden we have 3 month for HIV test and no more testing is needed after That. We had 6 month in the beginning and then changed it down to 12 weeks and NO ONE have taking longer than this. If you donīt have had organ transplant, chemotherapy, chronic suppresive drug user or LUPUS(White low blood cell disorder) you can relax with a 3 month(12Weeks) test. In Sweden we had our first HIV patient in 1982 and today we have around 5000-6000 HIV positives or Aids patient with 270-300 new cases each year. Since long time we have had 12 Weeks for definite answer it was only in the beginning we had 6 month when the test wasnīt good enough. I have only heard about one case in Europe taking longer than 3 month and this person had recieved HIV medication after a exposure and in sweden we also have six month in those who recive HIV medication after exposure. The most of the new infected in Sweden have been expososed in a foreign country and it is a little bit easier to know the possible exposure, We have almost Zero percent that have been expososed to the virus on a pub or a disco on a saturday night. In sweden all person that have HIV will go to smittskyddinstitutet(like CDC in the US) regulary and tell them who they have slept with if they donīt tell this they will have a long jail sentence if they have exposed someone else. I think that all the HIV experts in the US will agree that 3 mont is enough but they canīt say that because of the CDC and if they tell someone that 3 month is enough they can be black listed. I personally donīt think that all countries in Europe have wrong when they are saying that 3 month is more than enough, please remember the cases that have taking longer than 3 month is from the US and was in the beginning of the epedemic and also rember you canīt be 100% sure that a person that taking longer than 3 month have given the right exposure date. I took a test at 3 month after a big risk that was negative and Iám satisfied with that and I will trust the doctor in Europe.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 766

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3