Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lymph Nodes
      #19471 - 07/19/01 03:22 AM

OK weird question,and just a show of my stupidity about the human body, but where are these lymph nodes that swell after the initial infection.....and what do they look like....and feel like if they are infact swollen, due to the HIV....sorry for the ignorance, but I can't buy a straight answer. Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Oops
Unregistered

Re: Lymph Nodes new
      #19481 - 07/19/01 09:04 AM

I couldn't buy a straight answer either. I don't remember the article, but it's by Rick Sowadsky in The Body's Ask The Experts Safe Sex forum. It's several years old, but you can find it by scrolling through the answers. Does a good job of telling you where the are, and from keeping you away from poking the wrong places.

CopperBlue
Expert

Reged: 06/04/01
Re: Lymph Nodes new
      #19517 - 07/19/01 07:46 PM

Hi there,

Just to give you a general idea...lymph nodes are located in the neck, groin, and armpit area. If you remember ever seeing someone who had mumps, or mono, and that person's neck was very swollen, that was due to inflamed lymph nodes. Any or all of the lymph nodes can swell when you are sick, because it means your body is producing antibodies and white blood cells to fight off infection. Swollen lymph nodes are not limited solely to HIV infection, so you cannot assume you are HIV+ simply because you find a swollen node. Usually if your lymph nodes are swollen, they are painful and tender to the touch.

Take Oops' advice and check out the forum. Hope this helps! :)

Copper

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1510

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3