Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rapid Test?
      #194666 - 06/05/06 09:23 PM

I often see mention on Dr. Bob's site about a "rapid test" and that you can have results in 20 minutes. I have 2 questions:

Where do you get these rapid test conducted? I am in San Fran.

My "at risk" experience was about 60 days ago, I had unprotected oral with a man for the first time, both giving and getting, lasted about a minute or two with no ejackulation in either mouth. I did have a full screen STD test at the 5 week point which I know is too soon and all was neg.

How worried would you folks be about HIV from this one exposure, does the 5 week test mean anything? Where can I get a rapid test??

Thanks all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sunkyst
Master

Reged: 03/22/06
Re: Rapid Test? new
      #194673 - 06/05/06 11:16 PM

I wouldn't be worred about having caught HIV from the incident you describe. There might be some risk if there had been ejaculation and you had a cut in your mouth, but in this case, since no ejaculation occurred then you're fine.

Call the California AIDS hotline, they should be able to direct you where to get a rapid test performed. Here is a link with their number:
http://www.sfaf.org/aboutsfaf/hotline.html

A 5 week test is a very good indicator that you're not infected but we already know that since the risk was so minuscule. A 2 month test is virtually conclusive, some would say totally conclusive and a 13 week test is totally conclusive.

However, you don't need to worry about the situation you describe. You didn't catch HIV from this incident but go get tested if you continue to worry. Good luck and play safe!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#194674 - 06/05/06 11:22 PM

call the Cailf aids hotline they will point you in the right direction. If your in S.F. They are all over the place.

I think you must know your risk is very low. Also you 5 week test is over 95% accurate. You will be fine if what you posted is corret. D.J.

Virgo
Grand Master

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Massachusetts
      #194699 - 06/06/06 07:17 AM

Its up to you. Appaerntly you ARE concerned about this exposure, so if we tell you NOT to worry you will anyways. Your exposure is VEY low. And a 5 week negative is probably somewhere around 95-97% accurate. The average person seroconverts 22 days after exposure. You might as well go and get a test a 3 months though, JUST to make you breath. Otherwise you will probably always "wonder" in the back of your head. Your result will be NEGATIVE though.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1175

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3