Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blood Donation - Should I? Can I?
      #194008 - 06/01/06 09:06 PM

Hello, I am a 20 year old woman and I was wondering if I should donate blood tomorrow, which I want to. Since my last test (where I tested negative) the only "sex" I have had was having a man "grind" himself against by butt and some touching with his hand near my vagina. The rest was just feeling and kissing. Can I donate blood tomorrow and not worry?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stresser
Expert

Reged: 03/29/06
Re: Blood Donation - Should I? Can I? new
      #194011 - 06/01/06 09:09 PM

The activities you describe above pose no exposure to hiv. read the prevention steps in the upper right menu above and use condoms when u do engage in any anal, or vaginal sex..... If i were U I would donate blood without problems, however, if you have had a possible exposure (which u didnt) U should not use a blood donation to check your status!! go ahead save a life!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#194020 - 06/01/06 09:38 PM

The encounter i described was about 6days ago. Heaven forbid there was an exposure risk, and like you said - go ahead and donate - would the red cross be able to pick up on it? I just dont want to donate and they not be able to pick up on it. Well, I dont want HIV at all but you knnow what i mean

sunkyst
Master

Reged: 03/22/06
      #194041 - 06/02/06 12:46 AM

Sounds like you're fine. Go donate that blood!

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #194055 - 06/02/06 06:18 AM

There's no risk at all in the activity you describe. If that's been your only possible exposure, you're not going to have HIV.

When you donate blood, the blood bank will ask you questions about your history. They do this to rule out people who may have exposure risks (in addition, obviously, to screening the blood itself). Just answer those questions honestly and they'll tell you if it's not safe for you to donate. In your case, I'm sure it will be fine.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1668

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3