Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

To the regulars: SteveR...etc
      #193515 - 05/29/06 03:29 AM

I know how monotonous this board must get and having to constantly attempt to set peoples minds (or atleast try)

I just wanted to thank you regulars for acting so selflessly. You truly are wonderful people.

I've been a frequent visitor to this site through my battles of self-diagnosis. I've diagnosed myself with quite possibly every disease on the face of this planet and then some. The funny thing is? I gave myself the symptoms. The minute when I felt a little bit off this voice within me would trigger and say "..oh that must be cancer...or HIV..." and everytime I would find myself on this board reading relentlessly for an indication of what I had gotten myself into. I'd check my lymph nodes to the point where I had made them swell from constant probing and poking.

Finally, I developed the courage to go and get tested and guess what? Negative.

My point is... to everyone on this board...a red mark, fever, cough, the feeling of pins and needles, white tongue, or dizziness doesn't mean you have HIV. If you've put yourself in a risky situation, just get tested. You can't get HIV from the test but you can choose what to do with the results....to live.

God Bless all of you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: To the regulars: SteveR...etc new
      #193521 - 05/29/06 07:45 AM

Thanks for the note. I answer questions here because I was a "worried well" once myself, years ago, and I remember how scary it can be. I got training and did HIV education afterwards. Your note about symptoms is exactly right -- symptoms really do mean nothing when it comes to HIV. The only thing that counts is a test after the window period, which is 13 weeks.

Steve

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #193525 - 05/29/06 09:18 AM

congratulations on finding that courage within you...and congratulations on the negative result. I too suffer from the self-diagnosis disease....often worse than the actual diseases! Take good care.

Faith

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #193667 - 05/30/06 08:22 PM

Big Smile...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1278

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3