Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worriedone
Unregistered

HIV Symtptoms
      #192418 - 05/21/06 08:03 AM

Hi,

Lately I was poked by a syringe when I went to buy a can drink from the machine. I was poked when I took the can from the slot. I've no idea who left the syringe there. Maybe a drug adict?

After that incident, in a week time or 10 days time I was having mild fever, following the fever in week 2 I was having muscle aches. One day both my hands were on pain n when touched it was hot.

After that, incident I normally get light muscle pains on hands and legs. I feel that my lymph node is also swollen in the neck area. Nothing in the armpit area.

Now it's been 4 weeks and I'm seaching blotchy skin in pink to red colour 2 of it on my arm and one on my stomach and 2 on my thighs.

I'm serously freaked out. I've gone to meet a doc and he told me I need to wait for 3 months before I can do a test on HIV as I won't be able to know before that. I also do have tiredness. which I'm not sure is caused by the virus or just that I've been worrying too much. I've been having tiredness for the past 2 weeks

I do no have other symptoms like, Itchy rash, headache or other symptoms. Please advice. I need help. Is there any other possible way to check this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV Symtptoms new
      #192419 - 05/21/06 08:10 AM

Does mommy know what sites you are surfing? You must be too young to know that the old poked by a needle in a soda machine has made the rounds again and again.

Long live urban myths! LOL

worriedone
Unregistered

#192420 - 05/21/06 08:19 AM

I'm a 24 years old guy. The place where the soda machine was located in a well known place for drug addicts to hang out at night time.

This is no a joke. I've also heard of those stories and have ignored it until I started to get the symptoms. Please advice.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #192447 - 05/21/06 01:22 PM

The bottom line is this: if you are worried about being HIV positive, get tested. When it turns out negative, believe the test results.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #192448 - 05/21/06 01:27 PM

Nice response to a poster, dont you think? To the original poster, being poked by a needle is very common these days in big cities. Thankfully HIV does not do well in air. Unless there was an injection made, you are at minimal risk. Now of course the mental anguish has begun and will most likely not disapear until you test. 3 months is conclusive, 6 weeks is a very good sign of things to come.. What was your docs reponse to all this other than saying see you in 3 months? Did he deal with your symptoms?

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #192455 - 05/21/06 02:38 PM

I don't know what to think of that story. It does sound a lot like an urban myth...but hey, stranger things have happened.

So, basically, your doctor is right. You need to wait 13 weeks for a definitive test. In the meantime, try not to stress about it too much -- this seems like a pretty unlikely scenario for HIV infection, and you can't tell anything from symptoms.

worriedone
Unregistered

#192471 - 05/21/06 06:45 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I know the only way to know is to get tested, but everytime I read the symptoms and I see the same thing on me, I freak out.

I really hope it would be negative, I'm going to take a test today n have to wait for arleast 3-4days before I get my test results.

I hope it's just something else. My doc said, yes the symptoms I'm having can be HIV or just not. He can't give me any assurance too.

I've to take the test. If this test(6 weeks) comes out negative, I've to wait couple of months before I do my 3 months test. Please pray for me.

Thanks

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #192487 - 05/21/06 08:16 PM

Worriedone
Unregistered

#192491 - 05/21/06 09:26 PM

Hi Aids2hiv,

Like I said earlier..I've never thought it would be something serious until I started getting the symptoms.

When I checked they all pointed towards HIV. Can someone tell me, if the symptoms I have are similar to HIV symptoms.

I'm so scared n sad. Why does this have to happen to me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2005

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3