Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Leon
Unregistered

What makes you be so sure?
      #191473 - 05/15/06 02:49 PM

Ok. Let's start from this point. My research had led me to this conclusion: More than 99.9% of the individuals would have a positive antibody test between three and six months after exposure. OK, that's according to guidelines. But, I dare you people to find an individual that confirms these numbers by saying: I had my first positive test at 3 months!. You won't find it, I doubt it. The real people almost never knows the data of exposure. And the ones that know it, won't tell. So, must we live following numbers on papers? Not real cases? I keep my position. No one really knows how long the human body needs to develop HIV antibodies. I'm sure that the people posting information about the famous three months, had never personally met an individual confirming that 3 month theory.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What makes you be so sure? new
      #191477 - 05/15/06 02:54 PM

you need to read the john hopkins website, they say people make antibodies in 21 days not 49 days. please keep researching HIV.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #191489 - 05/15/06 03:19 PM

Actually, Leon, the people I know who tested positive and knew the date of their exposure were positive well within three months. Most were positive within a few weeks. There are people on this board who have told their stories of seroconversion and most tested positive relatively quickly (within two months).

Leon
Unregistered

#191492 - 05/15/06 03:24 PM

I agree in some points. I must remind that I've met people with positive results at 3 months. I posted that before. But also met someone with positive results at 10 months. That's 1 of 3, taking longer than 3 months... How many people posted about their seroconversion? 9 or 10? That's not a good number... We would feel better and trust that "3 month window period" if, at least, 100 people confirms that theory...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191499 - 05/15/06 03:57 PM

Ok LEON!!! Thats enough out of u!! Trying to scare WW is not nice!! EVERY SINGLE EXPERT on this site, and aidmeds, and medhelp so THREE MOTHS IS CONCLUSIVE!!! You ARE NOT an expert so DO NOT post things like this!! In my state (MAssachusetts) 6 weeks is CONCLUSIVE. We are using 3rd, and 4th generation testing now...not 1st like the 80s, and 90s!! So give it a rest, and if you dont have positive info to offer these WW then DONT offer your USELESS advice!!

Leon
Unregistered

#191502 - 05/15/06 04:02 PM

Like I said before, I agree with the "EXPERTS" but where are the real cases? The real people? You know... People of flesh and bones to confirm what the experts said? Maybe we find 9 or ten like I said before...

Leon
Unregistered

#191503 - 05/15/06 04:02 PM

Like I said before, I agree with the "EXPERTS" but where are the real cases? The real people? You know... People of flesh and bones to confirm what the experts said? Maybe we find 9 or ten like I said before...

coby
Grand Master

Reged: 04/01/06
      #191512 - 05/15/06 04:23 PM

Leon, I do understand where your coming from on the window period. I love the people on this site for all the help they offer and you know it comes from the heart, but nobody has all the answers to this virus, not even the doctors. I try to tell myself that whatever it is I can take and people seem to be doing well with this till you read shit like I did last night on Aidsmeds.com in the living with HIV section, it was scarey. They were just venting about HIV and the problems they have and I just fell out crying for them and me. I did hours and hours of reasearch on this virus and no other virus stays this long with full body symptoms after a known exposure. I'm 99% sure that I have it and 98% sure that I passed it to my husband. I don't know if you remember but I had said in a post not to long ago about how my husband went grey in a matter of two months and I knew it was from a sickness, well I read that the children in Africa are picked on beacuse other kids know they are sick with HIV because they have problems with thier hair turning grey from HIV. I was told that I was stupid for saying that HIV causes grey hair in very young people. I started to think that about the fact that the guy I was with who was pos had grey hair as well, and he's only 36 and has had grey hair that I know of for the past 3 years. Anyway, the main reason I posted is I wanted to point out one thing and this is it......................Why does Dr. Bob always tell his story about his exposure but never tells us when he converted? I have looked back as far as I can remember and he never once has said a word about his window period. Even if the tests sucked back then it still should have picked his up by 6 months, but he never talks about his widow period from neg to pos. It really makes me wonder why.

Stresser
Expert

Reged: 03/29/06
      #191514 - 05/15/06 04:26 PM

Pinkster,

I hope U eventually find the answers you are looking for. I know it is frustrating and overwhelming but maybe someday soon U will fhe answers!!!

Enjoy Life while U have it

Leon
Unregistered

#191516 - 05/15/06 04:30 PM

In fact I have read posts from people asking Dr. Bob about that, and They never get a response. I think it would be better to normally accept that there is no time for seroconversion with more realistic numbers, not the classical "95% or 99%" in that way, responsible people would not risk another lives.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191517 - 05/15/06 04:40 PM

Pinkster and Leon. I feel very sad for how you both are living your lives right now... It was explained to me like this by a very wise man who happens to be my ID Doc. "Doc, I get very depressed when I read the internet about HIV and AIDS." Doc "Eric, quit reading those stories then. If you look at the ratio of posters on-line, the majority is 10-1 that 1% is posting the other 9% are out there living life large without all the support that TheBody and AIDSMEDS gives. So you are not looking at the whole picture. The entire population does not live on these boards. It is very onesided and usually leans to those who are having mental/health concerns around it. I am not sure if the internet is helping you two in anyway shape or form.

Best,

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #191518 - 05/15/06 04:40 PM

Leon,

I can't believe I keep responding to you, but here goes.

You don't need to hear seroconversion reports from 100 people because the scientists have DONE IT FOR YOU. No one is giving window period estimates without having extensively studied the issue (except you, that is). The CDC would not say 97 percent of infected people develop antibodies within three months if they hadn't done studies that proved that!

If you read reports from infected people on this site you'll find that the vast majority of them conform to the three-month timetable. (In fact I don't know anyone who has posted on this site who believed themselves to be positive after three months and then eventually tested positive. The only people I know who believe they're positive after three months are people who continue to test negative over and over and over again.)

And that's my final word on the subject, because you're driving me crazy.

Steve

Leon
Unregistered

#191520 - 05/15/06 04:49 PM

So you Steve, still think I'm doing this to scare people or something? Well, That's far away from reality... Now check this: The CDC and the people involved, they may have interests in spreading the disease, because there is a lot of money on it (investors and stuff) maybe I sound like an UFO investigator, but think of it... The best way to spread the disease is to misinform and get rid of the responsabilities by giving percents and stuff. You're being managed by guidelines. Be careful with that. That's why we need real people numbers.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191522 - 05/15/06 05:00 PM

They cancelled the X-Files Leon, years ago. Nice try.. You should have been a writer for the show...

Leon
Unregistered

Re: What makes you be so sure?
      #191523 - 05/15/06 05:06 PM

Nice response Eric. Do you know how many people got affected by the nuclear tryouts in Nevada, decades ago? (Down Syndrome children, born from parents living near that zone). I know this is not related. But it may give us a clear view that governments are not really so interested in our health...

Back to the subject. Still no real numbers... Hope they get posted later. I must remind that I do have met people seroconverting at the three month mark.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8348

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3