Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Leon
Unregistered

Testing History.
      #191185 - 05/13/06 12:57 PM

November 11, 2004 Abbott Oraquik (two weeks after very high risk exposure), negative. 1st week Feb, 2005 Abbott
Determine HIV 1/2, negative. 1st week June, 2005 , same test, negative. 1st week October, 2005, same test, negative. 1st week January 2006, same test, negative. Symptoms started. diarrhea for a few days, and slight lymph node swelling, today it is still in the left side of my neck (I can feel two 5mm lumps under the skin, and another 3mm on the back of my neck). A week or so ago, Abbott Determine HIV 1/2, negative too. Still with those symptoms, very stiff neck, can hardly move it. I must say that I never experienced these symptoms before (not in this way). In fact is the first time in 30 years.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
coby
Regular

Reged: 04/01/06
Re: Testing History. new
      #191192 - 05/13/06 02:03 PM

Have you been sick for all this time? What the hell are the docs telling you? Have you seen an infectious Diseases doc? I feel your pain I have been sick for freakin 13 months and husband for 8 months, this is some real crap. All we can do is keep pounding at the docs and staying in touck in hopes that we will find the problem. I feel like at this point the people that do test pos are better off then some of us at least they know what they heel is wrong and can get help. I know that whatever I have is not going anywhere and it just gets worse and worse. Check out the post below yours, this is something that Douche had mentioned and I'm going to get checked for it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191198 - 05/13/06 03:11 PM

if you test negative on a elisa test months after a real exposure to HIV , then you are HIV- and should move on.

sunkyst
Regular

Reged: 03/22/06
      #191211 - 05/13/06 04:39 PM

Have you ever tried a DNA PCR test if you're still not 100% confortable with your negative HIV results?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191230 - 05/13/06 08:40 PM

pinkster and leon

i sympathise with you but do not agree with pinkster that some of the guys who have testd pos are luckier than u. for you, finding a good doc will end your worries. not for some others, who will need to keep fighting all their lives. i am sure all of the pos people will love to be in your shoes for a change.

so lets keep things in perspective. you are neg for hiv, which is great. you may have mycoplasma or whatever it is called, but that will resolve some day soon.

jambo

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191238 - 05/13/06 09:45 PM

Jambo, nice post...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191297 - 05/14/06 12:01 PM

[quote]November 11, 2004 Abbott Oraquik (two weeks after very high risk exposure), negative. 1st week Feb, 2005 Abbott
Determine HIV 1/2, negative. 1st week June, 2005 , same test, negative. 1st week October, 2005, same test, negative. 1st week January 2006, same test, negative. Symptoms started. diarrhea for a few days, and slight lymph node swelling, today it is still in the left side of my neck (I can feel two 5mm lumps under the skin, and another 3mm on the back of my neck). A week or so ago, Abbott Determine HIV 1/2, negative too. Still with those symptoms, very stiff neck, can hardly move it. I must say that I never experienced these symptoms before (not in this way). In fact is the first time in 30 years. [/quote]

You are NEGATIVE. Symptoms or not, if I had that many negatives I would be dancing in the streets. Some of us here are anxiously awaiting just a 6 week test..or a 12 week...and here you are freaking out even though you are CONCLUSIVELY negative. I wish I were in your shoes right now.

Everyone always has "something" they've never had before. A certain type of headache.....sinus issues.....dry skin...oily skin....WHATEVER!! Just because something is "new"...doesn't mean its HIV for God's sake!!!! ESPECIALLY when you've tested negative.

Leon
Unregistered

#191311 - 05/14/06 04:36 PM

No, I haven't been sick all this time, just for some weeks (five or six) diarrhea for a few days and swollen lymph nodes in the left side of my neck and one behind it, I forgot to say before, a little rash on my face for a few days too, but I remember having this rash before, so I don`t worry about it so much. No symptoms for the first 16 months, at all.

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191312 - 05/14/06 04:44 PM

Leon, my I ask your age?

Leon
Unregistered

#191449 - 05/15/06 02:11 PM

I'm 30 y/o.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2035

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3