Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

reactivation of EBV
      #190839 - 05/11/06 12:07 PM

could reactivation of EBV delay seroconversion to hiv and hepc or can it be part of seroconverting to hiv +or hep c+

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
coby
Grand Master

Reged: 04/01/06
Re: reactivation of EBV new
      #190857 - 05/11/06 02:11 PM

HIV co infection w/HCV can delay antibodies but I don't think beyond the 3 month window period. I'm thinking that any co infection could delay a little but most will say not past 3 months. I'm sure that some of the veterns know better then I and will chime in to help you out.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190868 - 05/11/06 02:52 PM

thanks going to buy home acsess test it has almost been
9 months had hiv and hep c blood exposure into cuts
ID doctor hasn't called yet for appointment. hospital said if you caught both together it would show up around 9-10 months and thats what home acsess said also so just pray
for me. I have 4 children I need to take care of. still having some liver and spleen pain but not as bad. very tired, swollen eyelids, no appetite, night sweats, growling stomach, irritable
dry mouth,ears popping not as bad, lots of post nasal drip
still look terrible in the morning. dizziness when I wake up
headaches and want to throw up. wish I was pregnant
instead had tubes tied. that was the happy times in life. I
just pray god gives me more I don't have anybody to help me with my children and they need me

coby
Grand Master

#190872 - 05/11/06 03:19 PM

Good luck please let us know how your tests turn out. I think I remember your story and we have a lot of the same problems as far as the swollen eyelids and dry mouth along with night sweats and many many other symptoms. Why did you not get PEP? Did you know this person was infected? It's very hard to keep track of your story when you are not registered.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #190877 - 05/11/06 03:30 PM

Doctors are not in agreement about whether EBV can really "reactivate" or not. Once you get EBV it's always in your system, and the assumption that a "reactivated" EBV infection can cause illness is hotly disputed. I have never heard anyone allege that EBV, either chronic or reactivated, can delay seroconversion.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190928 - 05/11/06 06:41 PM

didn't know he was infected until five months later. then i remembered having very swollen non tender lymph nodes
diarrhea, slight sore throat, and a very stiff neck in muscle
also had big sore inside bottom lip, rash on chest which i
thought was sun exposure because i have sensitive skin
and everybody at work asked does it itch? and I said no but it
every time I had it before it would itch because I have sensitive skin was not even thinking about having ars so I know it wasn't stress also got dark urine I thought I had a uti
and this was all three weeks after exposure. I had to go back and look at bank statement to figure out all the dates

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190930 - 05/11/06 06:45 PM

thanks steve the doctor couldn't figure it out either he said
by what he could read it said chronic reactivated EBV
he knows im worried and because of exposure he is sending me to id doctor

coby
Grand Master

#190973 - 05/12/06 12:18 AM

That'a exactly what happened to me. You can read my post a while back titled it's been a crazy year for me and see all that I have went thru. I did have an infection and the stiff next alond with dark urine and clay colored stool. I had like three bug bite looking marks on my back like 2 or 3 months past exposure but thought nothing of it. What really scares me most that is just like your problem is the things you mentioned along with the popping of the ears. Most people don't have this and you and I both had a known exposure. My ears have been popping when I swollow since last June and the docs don't know why. You should register I would like to talk but if I say to much I will get chewed out for using this as a private forum. I have tesed neg out 13 months and they still are trying to figure crap out. Let me know if you decide to register.

SteveR
Legend

#191002 - 05/12/06 10:30 AM

Pinky -- I'm coming late to this conversation, but were you evaluated for hepatitis? Dark urine and clay-colored stools are classic symptoms of hepatitis, not HIV. -- Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191023 - 05/12/06 01:04 PM

Hey Pinky,

and anonymous....you are getting the same symptoms as me....since my first test at 6 weeks neg, ive gone on to get loads more tests including all the heps malaria so on and so forth. It seems just as you put your mind at ease, someone goes and blows it by posting that if you get co-infections with Hepatitis positive result can be push out months and month.

one thing puzzles me though i dont hear many people (if any) talking about ONGOING symptoms in early HIV (ie you get ARS, and it just carries on and on)....so the likes of us if we were infected would appear to very unfortunate. But again it gets so bloody confusing becuase if you got a Hep infection, that can make you feel groggy for 6 months on its own according to some of the information ive found.

It seems very strange to me that theres at least 3 people on this forum having very very similar symptoms, but struggling to get a diagnosis, weeks and weeks and even months and months in. OK so if not HIV....im convinced something going on with us is an STD of some sort, the odds of 3 or 4 people with a host of strongly correlating symptoms all relating it to a sexual episode or blood to blood contact, seem a little high to me. So what the hell is going on?

coby
Grand Master

#191025 - 05/12/06 01:05 PM

I was for Hep C but I'm not sure about Hep B. My last test for Hep C was done last month so it would have been 12 months, I'm guessing it would have showed by now. I don't think that I have been checked for Hep B and if I was it was soon after exposure like 3 months. I know for a fact that I have been checked for C at 7 months and 12 months, would it be showing by noe if I were infected? I know that my exposure had no blood involved so Hep C would be out of the question wouldn't it?

coby
Grand Master

#191026 - 05/12/06 01:08 PM

What are your symptoms and what was your exposure?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191148 - 05/13/06 04:26 AM

Exposure...unprotected vaginal...sex worker.

Symptoms.

Dry Throat
Cay stool
Dark urine
Nightsweats
Fatigue
Rash
Aching Joints
Neuropathy
Lung pains
Swollen Nodes
Aching Balls
Mailaise
General fever
Depression

You name it I have hadt it.

SteveR
Legend

#191227 - 05/13/06 07:28 PM

I'm not an expert on hepatitis, but my understanding is that Hep C pretty much requires exposure to blood. I don't think it's sexually transmitted, or at least very rarely. Hep B, on the other hand, is sexually transmitted and is in fact much easier to catch than HIV. So you might ask your doctor about that. (Also, there are vaccines for both Hep A and Hep B -- so if you haven't been exposed, get vaccinated!)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4152

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3