Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what to do
      #190545 - 05/09/06 11:04 PM

I am a gay male and I have never tested for HIV. I am afraid I am infected. The health department does anonymous HIV testing but someone I use to work with works there so it won't be very anonymous to get tested. I don't know what to do. I could go for a confidential test but I feel it should be anonymous but it won't be very anonymous.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sunkyst
Master

Reged: 03/22/06
Re: I don't know what to do new
      #190549 - 05/09/06 11:26 PM

Do you live a big city? If so, there must be services available in the gay community where you could get an anonymous test. Try searching the web for HIV test and then your city name. Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190554 - 05/09/06 11:45 PM

You could try this web site. Give them a call and see if they have any testing centers near you, that's assuming that you live in the US.
http://www.advancedtestingcenter.com/

JonCage
Master

Reged: 04/13/06
      #190561 - 05/10/06 12:04 AM

If you are concerned about confidentiality regarding testing, you can obtain a home test at www.homeaccess.com. These test are FDA approved and will give you results as accurate as an ELISA at the clinic.

As others have mentioned. This is about you, don't let fear stop you from knowing your status. Knowledge is power.

--------------------
Red like love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance towards those affected

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190590 - 05/10/06 07:34 AM

Thanks for the advice. I do live in the United States...in a small city that has only one option of anonymous testing that I know of. You all have given me ideas. I am going to call and see what my options are. It is also a good point that it is about me finding my status and that is what is important. I don't think that this person would say anything...and I think they would follow confidential laws it just freaked me out a little that I would walk in and they would know me. Thank all of you for your help.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190593 - 05/10/06 07:50 AM

Gee ,do you only have only have a bike? Get on the phone to a hotline, find a site that does an oraquick rapid ]20 min.] test, Get in your car and drive there and bammm you know know your HIV status. I'm sure within 20 miles of you that task can be accomplished. Good luck. D.J.

sunkyst
Master

Reged: 03/22/06
      #190610 - 05/10/06 09:56 AM

There is another web site you might want to try which allows you to test anonymously. It's called ehivtest.com. You might want to see if they have any test sites close to you by giving them a call.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1700

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3