Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
coby
Grand Master

Reged: 04/01/06
Something has got to give:
      #190421 - 05/09/06 12:38 PM

You guy's I'm getting really scared! My ears are really popping and hardly have no saliva in mouth, went to the dentist and was told that I geographical tongue. My husband has went almost completely grey at 41 in a matter of 2 months. We are both suffering from a really bad dry throut and have been for months with no pain. We both are tired all the time and eyes are just terrible looking. I feel like we are so different now and to me the writing is on the wall and nobody can find this shit. I know some of you are going to freak out on me but I'm scared as hell. It's not stress my husband is not like me and does not let things get to him but he use to be full of energy and now he has hardly none. I know your not docs and don't have all the answers just needed to vent a little.

In doing more research I think that we are both suffering from EBV but what does not make since is the duration of the symptoms and it leds me to believe that there is a serious underlying problem that we can't find. My joints have been really hurting along with a tightness behind the knees and burning in the elbows, it's some crazy shit going on with us! I just pray that I can find out what this could be and why it has lasted so long. I had some lab work done and was wondering is someone could explain what this means.On my CBC part of it is a coagulation, I showed High on the PT and the INR does anyone know what these mean in terms of the body? I tried to look it up but don't understand. I also had a Westergreen Sed Rate done and I was in the normal range, can you be infected and be normal on that test? On my CBC I also was high on the Grans, Electronic in the hematology part of it, what does this mean? I don't see the doc till the 17th just wanted to know if someone could shed some light. One more thing, I had a C-Reactive Protein test done and it was normal as well just wanted to see if someone could explain that test as well. I didn't request these so I don't have a clue what the hell they mean or look for.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Something has got to give: new
      #190428 - 05/09/06 01:23 PM

...when do you realize that this is not your own private forum??

You have beeb told by many (including Dr. BOB) that you do not have HIV!!

Stop this madness and let space for those with real worries.

"turned grey in two months",,, c´mon get a life....

Susie428
Unregistered

#190443 - 05/09/06 03:23 PM

I understand how you're feeling--it's like something is wrong. I've had dry mouth and sore throat for the past 2 weeks my husband severe cough, occasional fever and diarrhea. Its like there is definitely something wrong and not knowing. What were you first symptoms and how long ago?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190452 - 05/09/06 03:55 PM

SED tests look for any type of infection in the body. Any type of infection. Since your test was in the normal range it simply means that you have NO INFECTION IN YOUR BODY. I think your doctor should order a battary of psych tests for you. It would be a better use of resources to look in that direction. You don't have anything physically wrong with you. You really need to move on.

MMario
Unregistered

#190468 - 05/09/06 05:24 PM

Hi Pinky,

Please check into Fibromyalgia. Your symptoms sound a lot like what I have been reading about. The joint pain, the ears popping sound exactly like what my friend with fibro describes. She also has night sweats, IBS, and horrible menstral periods.

coby
Grand Master

#190473 - 05/09/06 06:12 PM

To the anon who says I use this as a private forum........there are people who care and don't mind hearing of my situtation. When we come here we are in search of answers and look for people in similar situtations who are scared. I'm very sorry that you don't like what I have to say but it's the truth and I'm very scared. As far as my husband greying out, look up immune system problems and grey hair you will see that it does happen and thru this I have met some great HIV pos people who are young and are grey, no not everyone but you have to wonder why he went grey so fast and it's not from just stress. I have seen 20 year old HIV pos folks with grey hair and I do believe that this happens from the infection. I will say again that I know people can grey young but in a matter of 2 months, you have to wonder.

To the gal who wants to know my exposure and what happened, I slept with a pos male back in March of 2005, got an std (Claymadia) and it's been down hill every since. I listened to the docs and everyone else tell me 6 months was ok and had unprotected sex with hubby and he has been sick ever since as well. I'm not some crazy and most of the time have my head on straight, I know something is very wrong and have been in search of the problem ever since. I'm really not trying to scare anyone just trying to put my situtation out there for those who may be suffering or those who may somehow shed light as to what the problem may be.

MMARIO-
I seee the doc on the 17th and will have her test for this. It' seems like it's something that I passed to my husband and I don't think you can pass that. He was also never exposed to the std, anyway thank you for the input.

coby
Grand Master

#190476 - 05/09/06 06:25 PM

Does anyone know what the PT and the INR mean if they are high?

MMario
Unregistered

#190573 - 05/10/06 01:28 AM

Hi Pinky,

The wierd thing about Fibro and CFS is that sometimes people get a wierd viral type illness at the beginning. There is an increasing belief that these illnesses or conditions are viral in nature. A rheumatologist can diagnose these conditions. It might be worth a shot as there are some effective treatments for Fibro such as Lyrica.

Susie428
Unregistered

#190579 - 05/10/06 02:41 AM

As you know I've been having ARS Symptoms for a while. However 10 days post exposure my SED rate was normal (7) and C Reactive Protein <0.7.

Would SED rate and C Reactive rate be abnormal if HIV pos. at 10 days post exposure??????????

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #190587 - 05/10/06 07:10 AM

sed rate and c reactive protein are used for inflamation, usually if there is any kind of infection in the body the sed rate would not be normal. you diagnose yourself with ebv, if you truly have ebv it can lasts up to seven years. usually the prescription for that is eat right take plenty of vitamins and exercise and rest properly. there is a test you can take for that , to measure your titers to the ebv. if they are high you have an active infection , if they are low, you once have been exposed(along with 70 percent of the u s pop)hope this helps

Susie428
Unregistered

#190678 - 05/10/06 03:52 PM

Shades of Grey:
So are you saying the sed rate would be elevated within 2 weeks of exposure???

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3251

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3