Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Results Normal
      #190401 - 05/09/06 10:17 AM

I posted the following last week. All tests came back normal/negative. Thanks to those who responded. Feels good - not that I was REALLY REALLY worried because the risk was minimal and a long time ago - but it feels good to know. I would say for anyone who is worried at all to get tested just for the peace of mind factor.
Iím a male in my mid 30ís. Heterosexual, never taken IV drugs, etc. Iíve had 3 partners in my life two of them being my 1st and 2nd wives. My wife and I have had some trouble lately with two miscarriages in a row so weíre checking that out. As a normal course of events I was sent for bloodwork to check chromosomes and also for Hepatitis B & C and HIV. Needless to say now I am thinking, wow what if it comes back HIV Positive. I really canít justify that thinking logically but worrying isnít always logical. The only encounter that infentesimally could have infected me was in 1991 (15 years ago). I had sex with a girl I didnít know very well. It was my first time. Of course I used a condom and the whole encounter lasted a minute tops. I have not been ill much at all in the last 15 years. Never any ARS early on. Iíve gotten the occasional migraine over the years. I have sensitive skin. I donít know, Iím just worrying but I donít know if I should be. I am a worrier by nature. I would not know how to tell my parents if this came back positive. Even if she was positive, I feel that itís been so long that if I was infected I would have gotten sick or died by now. You read things and kind of check them off in your mind regarding odds, saying ok one encounter protected, shouldnít worry butÖA circumsized man as insertive vaginal partner for one minute protected, should be fine but what ifÖCan anyone shed some light on my situation? Iím just looking for some feedback.
Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 676

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3