Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
soafraid

Reged: 05/07/06
sharing
      #190348 - 05/09/06 12:01 AM

I would like to share my experience. December 2004 when i had unprotected contact with my boyfriend. I wasnt afraid of having contacted hiv that time cos was confident that my bf is clean... but one time in January 2005 when i went to his flat to visit him, i was shocked cos theres a girl there and she told me she is gf of my bf. Then I talked to the girl nicely and from that girl i found out that she had contact with a lot of men of different nationaliies. She told me she had an affair with Pakistani, Iranian, Indian and cant remember others. I was really shocked. I left my bfs place so depressed and so afraid.

After a month, I began to experience symptoms. I had vaginal discharge. I went to my OB and she gave me doxycycline and Flagyl. When i took that meds.. i felt very ill. had stomach cramps, loose bowel, fever, sore throat, and white coating on my tounge. I went back to the doctor and told her about my bodys reaction to the meds and she told me to stop doxycycline. I had been sick for almost a month and my bowel is not normal for more than a month. then i began to panic and think maybe i have hiv but i was so afraid and shy to go to the doctor too have hiv test but what i did is i went to m internist and have executive check up everything went well.

Its in my mind that the only way to know if am hiv positive is to undergo test for hiv but i didnt do that instead i browse on the internet for the early symptoms and signs and i have all the signs and symptoms. For more than one year i lived in fear and wasnt able to sleep well and eat well. I lost a lot of weight. I began to write a farewell letter cos i planned to commit suicide.

When I was searching for more info about hiv symptoms, all information i found the same then i found this site The Body and read about discussions here and was encouraged to get a test. Last May 5 i took hiv test and they said i will get the result MOnday 6PM May 8. My mind was set that i am positive but still afraid to see the result of the test. I didnt come back until this morning May 9 and i found out I am negative. After one year and 4 months of anxiety and confusion now am relieved. I guess stress made me feel sick.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Janes

Reged: 04/25/06
Re: sharing new
      #190368 - 05/09/06 07:51 AM

Hi soafraid,

Thank you for sharing your story. And I'm happy it turned out ok!

I'm in this sutation for 10 weeks now. Also spending so much time on the internet, reading. Yeah, guess I'd better not but cant help it.

I've read similar stories and just shows how mind and body are intertwined.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #190374 - 05/09/06 08:13 AM

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #190450 - 05/09/06 03:52 PM

I am SO GLAD you're negative! That's great!

The drugs you were on, doxycycline and flagyl, are both pretty strong medications. They can cause many of the symptoms you described. And yes, stress can cause them too.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #190466 - 05/09/06 05:20 PM

co, you bring up a point that has been made many times over. I just wonder how much pain and worry one has to indure till they break down and test? What if they live that way for 10 years or so in pain and worry not knowing then find out they have full blown aids and it will be a very long journey back to health vs. being diagnosed now and having every oportunity to live a very long life without the struggles such as you had to indure? Go figure...

What am I missing to this puzzle.. Granted I am POS and never worried since I was told point blank at a annual checkup.. So, I never had to feel this anguish, however I feel it through these posts everyday...

soafraid

#190576 - 05/10/06 01:42 AM

Hi Janes,

Finding answer on the internet really wont help but if you read discussions from here you will be enlighthen on what to do.

On my case, when i had pap smear test I didnt have std or what.. the finding was reactive cellular changes associated with inflamation (includes typical repair) but i was given strong meds. flagyl and doxycycline. after taking that meds i became very ill. i felt all the symptoms that i read on the internet. Since May 9 when i knew i am negative i sleep well again and regaining my energy.

So for those people who live in fear, anxiety and denial. Go have a test. I thank this site The Body cos one person encouraged me to have a test.

soafraid

#190578 - 05/10/06 01:48 AM

Hi AIDS2HIV,

YOu are the one who encouraged me to have a test. For over a year that I lived in fear/anxiety and denial plus the fact that i am not functioning well... not working. NOw I can imagine the life of being positive.
Also, browsing and finding answer to the internet if am positive or not never helped me but reading discussions have given me encouragement.
Its is true the if you have fear of being infected the only answer is to go and have a test and not worry about those people who will know you have that test.

Thank you AIDS2HIV. God Bless you !!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1973

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3