Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

RED DOTS
      #190085 - 05/07/06 03:15 PM

I have little red dots on lips, eyelids and hands. speider looking
veins all over chest. had blood exposure in cut. the person
is hiv+ hep c+ three weeks after exposure had sore throat non tender swollen lymph nodes,diarrhea,fever,dry cough
dark urine, yellow eyes. three months after got sores on palate, jaw pain, popping ears. I have not became positive yet still testing. my eyes have red veins all in them. they just don't look right anymore also had liver and spleen pain.
the worst symptom right now is numb hands at night with night sweats. Going for EMG this week.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: RED DOTS new
      #190102 - 05/07/06 06:52 PM

Would you please keep us updated on your condition? I have the exact same symptoms as you and still test neg. My ears have been popping since last June, would you register so we know who you are? It's not just the ears it's everything you have and more.

JonCage
Master

Reged: 04/13/06
      #190114 - 05/07/06 08:16 PM

From what I have read, it sounds that your exposure was greater than 13 weeks ago. An HIV test at this time would be considered conclusive. Since your exposure was also postive for HCV, I would also consider getting a test for that. Both HCV and HIV share the three month window period, however sometimes it takes longer for HCV to be detected.

If you have had a negative HIV test post 13 weeks, then your symptoms are not related to HIV infection, regardless of what's happening to your body, you need to work with you doctor to determine the cause.

--------------------
Red like love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance towards those affected

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190119 - 05/07/06 09:09 PM

Hi. If you don't mind my asking what type of blood exposure in cut did you have? I had a similar experience but I touched blood on a door surface and I don't know if it was anyone's that was hiv pos or not, I don't even know if it was if the virus would still have been infectous at that point. Anyway , if you tested after 3 months I'm sure you are in the clear. Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#190124 - 05/07/06 10:03 PM

I will let you know go for EMG on tuesday. my exposure
was fresh blood into my cuts. I was working in the yard
had a lots of cuts and blisters on hands. boyfriends employee
cut his finger on saw put pressure on his finger with paper towels. I should of let him do it wasn't thinking lots of blood going everywhere

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2192

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3