Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

have you heard....? to aids2hiv
      #189869 - 05/05/06 07:10 PM

of someone getting infected with hiv and and within a few month begin experiencing symptoms such as painful swollen nodes, and fatigue? i was just wondering because you responded to my previous post about later stage of aids, i didnt mean that i mean later as in after the ars symptoms have passed. its only been like a year not even and i am experinceing some symptoms that bother me a great deal...i went in for a test today doc said he will turn them around in a few days prolly monday.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: have you heard....? to aids2hiv new
      #189908 - 05/06/06 12:14 AM

yes i have heard of people who soon after they are infected, feel fatigued, and have some swelling of the nodes....when infected, hiv goes to work right away replicating and working on tearing down your immune system. thats where in some people they feel slightly fatigued, because while the virus works to wreck you, your body still tries to fight, all that goin on,tires your system.....nodes, swell for many reasons, most when there is infection of some sort, and when infected, yes reaction to that can be apparent through the nodes......keep in mind hiv infection affects everyone differently. And symptoms should NOT be used to diagnose HIV.

if you are tested positive, as time goes on, your health will decrease (in most infected people, with exception to slow/non-progressors) as the disease progresses

have you tested positive?

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189913 - 05/06/06 12:49 AM

no i have not i tested today get my results back on monday and i am a nervous head case....my exposure was oral and if i did have ars the symptoms were different than most i believe..but no i have not and i get my results monday

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #189932 - 05/06/06 08:37 AM

well if your "risK" was oral sex, as i stated in the other thread, put your mind at rest. I'd bet my life you'll come out negative. In todays world oral sex happens more than insertive vaginal/anal. If theres was much to worry about gettin HIV through Oral sex, the whole planet would be infected.

if the fear continues to control you, go talk to a counselor. Otherwise while you wait, get out and do something safe, fun for yourself to take your mind off of it.

The difference between testing positive and negative is:
When a person tests negative, they look back over the time they had to wait for results, and say "Wow, what a fool i was to waste that time" When a person tests Positive the look back over thier entire Life, and say "Wow, what a fool i was to waste THAT time" The moral of the story, time is precious regardless of the length of it, Live your life full of QUALITY time, and dont take it for granted. Good Luck & God Bless*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1253

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3