Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
MMario
Unregistered

Pinky, information regarding case
      #189725 - 05/05/06 10:24 AM

Pinky,

I really do think that something should be done about this if he is knowingly having unprotected sex while HIV positive. Not only can you go after him for criminal prosecution, but you can sue him for damages in civil court.

The fact that you have spent a year worried about being infected indicates that you have in fact suffered real damages i.e. "pain and suffering".

I don't know what state you live in, but you could get in touch with a personal injury attorney. They handle these cases on a contingency basis, this means that you pay nothing until your case is settled, and then you only pay a portion of the money you received.

Any person who knowingly has unprotected sex with HIV and fails to disclose this fact is liable, whether the person they have sex with becomes infected or not.

If this Eric M. is doing this to people, he needs to be stopped.

Also, maybe you could contact a group that deals with sexual assault cases, and advocates on the behalf of sexual assault victims. They might be interested in advocating on your behalf by pressuring your police department to take stronger steps to getting this matter resolved.

Mario

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MMARIO_FRAUD
Unregistered

Exposing MMARIO as a Benedict Arnold new
      #189732 - 05/05/06 10:42 AM

Pinky,

If you do a bit of detective work you will see that MMARIO is the same person that has been harrasing you this whole time. Read back to his earlier threads, MMARIO started off as a jerk to you and now all of a sudden he is trying to act like your best friend and give you legal advice.

He's also the one behind several of the previous Pinky bashing posts and he's also the one responsible for the Pinky raps and many other insults he has thrown your way.

You can tell by his signature line, "Just saying" which has cropped up many times before. Alse way that he will post the same thing twice. If you noticed what he likes to do is to make a comment as a reply to a post. Then, as if he's worried that not enough people won't read his replies he makes a brand new post with the exact same text as was in his reply to a previous post. He's done this many times before. Check some of his previous Pinky bashing posts and you will see what I mean.

He's a liar and a hypocrite. He jumps all over you for using different login names and trying to hide the fact that you are Pinky while he constantly changes his own name and pretends to have many different backgrounds. Now he wants to be your friend. Beware of people like this.

MMario
Unregistered

Re: Exposing MMARIO as a Benedict Arnold new
      #189748 - 05/05/06 11:53 AM

No matter what you have to say, my advice is solid.

I do think that PInky does stir up things, however, I do think that she may in fact have a case, and she should pursue it.

I am not trying to be anyone's friend. I make no attempts to contact people, I am not registered, I don't do "IMs".

I think she does sound crazy much of the time, but, if she really believes that someone knowingly tried to infect her, that alone might make her a bit wonky emotionally.

I am not trying to contact Pinky or become personal friends.

I do understand that she is a human being, and she may in fact be suffering in part because this person has caused some damage to
her emotionally.

If Pinky has real evidence that this guy has HIV and if he in fact knowingly tried to deceive and infect her, then she is right in feeling anger.

I think that she should do something constructive with this anger and stop this guy.

All the advice I have given her is above board and honest. Check out the law on the issue, you will see that I am in fact correct.

I am not trying to represent her, I just think that she should be aware of her rights.

Also, I am smart enough to know that no person is "all good" or "all bad". I may disagree with her on the window period, and her approach to asserting to her beliefs, and still think that she has a right to pursue legal action if a person in fact knowingly tried to infect her with HIV.

Life is not black and white. You can totally disagree with a person on many, many, many issues, and still see that that person has basic human rights and should not be subjected to anyone knowingly trying to infect them with a dangerous and often deadly disease.

I am sorry in many ways for taking such a hard line against Pinky. For that I truly sorry. I came to the conclusion that it would be best to address the issue that I think is underlying this entire thing. The fact that a person feels that someone tried to infect her with HIV.

If Eric M. did this, he should have to face the music.

MMario
Unregistered

#189750 - 05/05/06 12:05 PM

BTW Anon,

Did you ever think that maybe I feel like I was wrong for dealing with Pinky in such a harsh manner?

I don't think I was very kind to her, and I don't think that was right. I don't like seeing people put into a state of panic by anyone stirring up fears based on nothing but misinformation.

However, I really thought past my annoyance, and thought about Pinky as a person. She is confused, scared, and angry. I also thought about how I might feel if I thought someone knowingly infected me. If I was going through strange viral symptoms, followed by the knowledge that someone intentionally deceived me regarding his or her HIV status, I don't know how crazy I would feel,and more importantly I don't know how crazy I might seem to others going through the same situation.

Yes, some people do feel sorry when they are cruel. I was cruel and I am sorry. How hard is that to understand?

I still disagree with her position on the window period and her method of communicating this message BUT
and a BIg But I might add, I do think she has a right to pursue legal action if this guy is HIV positive and trying to infect people.

I don't think she is infected, but I think that the worry she is experiencing if she really did discover that this guy knew that he was positive, and tried to infect her is perfectly justified and easy to understand.

Just Saying (BTW, this is a very common saying, I am not the only one to use it, so if you consider using this term as somehow my "signature" I am glad you are not doing REAL detective work, no one guilty would every get caught. Just Saying).

Once again, all the advice I provided is solid and correct. She should actively pursue this. If this guy is trying to infect people, the next person he does this to might become infected. He need to be stopped if he is really doing this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189751 - 05/05/06 12:08 PM

Also, anon, you are incorrect. I am one of several people who have not registered who expressed disagreement with Pinky. Contact thebody.com and see for yourself. These posts came from different servers in different parts of the country. I cannot fly across the coast to make different comments regarding anyone.

Some detective.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189752 - 05/05/06 12:11 PM

What makes Pinky's story so different than anyone else's on this board? She chose to have unprotected sex and cheat on her husband, what so unique about that? I betcha a large percentage of people with HIV and other disease were infected by other people who knew they were packin' these diseases.

Pinky chose to have unprotected sex and now she is paying the piper like millions more in this world. If everyone charged the people who gave them an STD the jails in this country would be overflowing with diseased criminals.

What happned to Pinky suck but there are millions more Pinky's in this world. Unless you are raped or drugged or stabed by a needle or maybe assaulted by a stripper like that douche guy, people at risk for STDs usually made a concious decision that got them into the situation they are in.

MMario
Unregistered

Re: Pinky, information regarding case new
      #189753 - 05/05/06 12:13 PM

Furthermore,

Understanding that I was wrong in the way I treated Pinky is not being a hypocrite, it represents the fact that I am strong enough to admit to being unkind in front of everyone on this website.

If I were trying to do something underhanded I would be trying to contact her via IM. Everything I said is above board so that everyone is able to read what I have said.

People make mistakes. I made a mistake by treating another human being unkindly. I let my annoyance with her approach impact the way I treated her. Certainly I could have disagreed with her in a manner less cruel.

For this I am sorry.

Mario

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189754 - 05/05/06 12:17 PM

I don't recall ever seeing that Pinky could confirm this guy is HIV+. She only thinks he is she has no proof that this is even true.

He contends that he is not and she is crazy for even thinking that. He's got one hell of a law suit against her if she's wrong in her assumptions. That's why many of us wonder if she'll trip up and give his full name.

You all are idoits for even touching this one with a ten foot pole.

MMario
Unregistered

#189755 - 05/05/06 12:19 PM

Anon, if this guy did knowingly try to infect her, he did in fact commit a crime.

If this is the case, and her life has been altered by this, then she should have the issue addressed in a legal forum.

For the record, I disagree with her on many things, BUT do think that she should have these issues addressed if this guy is trying to infect people.

MMario
Unregistered

#189756 - 05/05/06 12:28 PM

"I don't recall ever seeing that Pinky could confirm this guy is HIV+. She only thinks he is she has no proof that this is even true.

He contends that he is not and she is crazy for even thinking that. He's got one hell of a law suit against her if she's wrong in her assumptions. That's why many of us wonder if she'll trip up and give his full name."

Look, if she is wrong then he too can pursue legal action against her. It is my understanding from reading her threads that she found out that he does in fact have HIV. Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough, I thought she found empty HIV med bottles at his place.

Until she determines whether or not he has HIV, she should exercise caution. She needs to first find out if he does have it. Merely going to the police will not get her in trouble if she has a good faith belief that he is most likely infected. The police department can pursue the matter to determine if he does have HIV.

The only way she could get into trouble is if he is not HIV positive and tells people that he is, and that he tried to infect her.

In that case, she could be sued for defamation of character, and if determined that she knew he was not HIV positive, she could also be charged with filing a false police report.

However, she seems to strongly believe that he is HIV positive and that he has intentionally tried to infect other women. If this is true, she should try to stop him.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189757 - 05/05/06 12:30 PM

[quote]
Just Saying (BTW, this is a very common saying, I am not the only one to use it, so if you consider using this term as somehow my "signature" I am glad you are not doing REAL detective work, no one guilty would every get caught. Just Saying).[/quote]

I agree that 'just saying' is a very popular and common saying. People use it quite frequently in speech. Not many people actually write it out though. It's just like people who say 'like' or 'um' when they speak. It's quite common, everbody does it. Not many people like uh use it when they are like uh writing stuff, you like uh know what I mean?

- Just saying.

All lot of people will write something like, 'I'm just saying that this person is an idiot'. That is somewhat common too. Writing 'just sayin' by itself though is like a signature tag, it unique to certain individuals. It's the anon quivalent of creating an identity of yourself which you seem to be against.

just sayin'.

bye! good thing you are not a lawyer, your arguments are never well though out and are almost always easily refuted.

MMario
Unregistered

#189758 - 05/05/06 12:36 PM

Actually I have a J.D. and am getting my Ph.d.

That is why I know the law in this area.

Your writing is terrible, by the way. Don't get me started on you.

You'll be sorry. :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189759 - 05/05/06 12:46 PM

"good thing you are not a lawyer, your arguments are never well though out and are almost always easily refuted."

Horrible writing.

BTW, "just saying" or "just sayin" is used all over the internet. Aids2hiv uses it as well as many others here and on other websites.

There are a lot of people who are expressing anger at me right now because I have made an apology to Pinky for being unkind.

These people are some of the anon people who have disagreed with her in the past. What makes me different from them is that I actually feel remorse for being unkind.

What do I have to gain from giving her a little free advice as far as pursuing her case?

I also said I was sorry for being mean to her in the past.

If Pinky has a real case, then she will be able to do something about it.

If someone is HIV positive and intentionally infecting people, that person should be punished.

I have NEVER denied posting unkind messages regarding Pinky.

The reason I am using a monicker, is to avoid further confusion as it seems using the "anon" contributes to confusion.

I do not register because I do not want to have any contact beyond
what I post with other people who post here. By only having contact on the website, everyone is privy to what is being said.

IMs create confusion as well because people can get misquoted.

Yes, I MMario posted some really harsh threads to Pinky.

Yes, I still think that much of her information is incorrect regarding the window period. But I do think that if a person knowingly tried to infect her he should be dealt with accordingly.

How hard is that to bend your little mind around anon?

MMario
Unregistered

#189760 - 05/05/06 12:47 PM

Last post was mine, sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189763 - 05/05/06 12:57 PM

[quote]Actually I have a J.D. and am getting my Ph.d.
That is why I know the law in this area.
Your writing is terrible, by the way. Don't get me started on you.
You'll be sorry. :) [/quote]

Ohhh... I am so scared of MMARIO! Are you going to tear into me for poor grammar and spelling like you have tormented Pinky over it in the past? I don't think this site awards Pulitzer prizes for writing style, you are the only one who seems to get so concerned about it.

You claim to have a JD and are working on you PHD. Yeah right... I have news for you buddy. You are an anonymous poster who has used several different names and have changed your story many times in the past. You spend an awful lot of time on an HIV board writing Pinky raps and bashing people for their grammar. If I was working on a PHD right now, I could think of about a million better ways to spend my down time (which you wouldn't have that much of).

- just saying
You could tell me that you are an astronaut and you are actually typing this from the moon as you conduct top secret NASA research. You can claim whatever you want, it doesn't mean that anyone will believe you or change the fact that at the end of the day you are an anonymous poster on an HIV board with a lot of free time on your hands. I suppose you are here to give out free HIV legal advice. No, you are here because you did something naughty, just like the people you who you've been ripping apart.

You bashed Pinky over and over again for weeks, and now all of a sudden, everyone is supposed to like you because you've suddenly decided to be a nice guy after all that abuse you've been dishing out.

Let me know how your PHD thesis turns out... and when you are scheduled to return from your moon mission.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10427

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3