Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Nailbiting
New User

Reged: 05/04/06
Bite the Bullet
      #189642 - 05/04/06 10:58 PM

So I have been running a fever since April 1st off and on. I woke up on the 1st with a fever of around 101-102 and a pounding head plus neck so stiff couldn't barely turn it. Was like this for about 3 days getting relief from Advil. Then the fever went into low grade running around 99-100 most of the day and nigth for about a week or more. Then mostly nothing for a few days then the fever returned back at around 101-102 but only at night. Went to the doctor who ran some test al normal. Asked to wait another week. Fever basically nothing during the day but at night would be around 99-100. Went back to do lots more BLd wrk. BLd cult, Typhoid, West nile, Hep panel, EBV, CMV, TB, some others. Took about a week for the test to come back totally and most days no fever. Saw doctor and all results normal according to her except a kind a weird EBV reading (but I have had the mumps years ago). CMV was positive for both IGG and IGM but she didn't seem bothered by this. She said it may just be a viral that will need to run its course, but dang this is going on a month now off and on. Then this weekend the fever shoots back up and the rest of the week basically nothing to low grade at night 99-100. Have had no other symptoms and I mean nothing other than when I have the fever I have no appetite. Now my stomach is all messed up from worry and a monthly diet of advil and tylenol. Thing is I couldn't tell her because she is our family doctor that I had a brief encounter with a female coworker at a christmas party on December 10th. I was stupidly drunk and it was a stupid mistake on my part. It lasted maybe 20 seconds when I realized what I had done but I know this doesn't matter and she is not a sleep around kinda girl but I know that doesn't matter. But why start feeling so bad 15 weeks or so after the incident if it is something to do with HIV. I guess I need to bite the bullet and just get tested but man I am scared and part of me doesn't want to know but I need to for my wife and little girl.
Any input on what you all think

B

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #189646 - 05/04/06 11:06 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Bite the Bullet new
      #189659 - 05/04/06 11:50 PM

99 isnt a fever everyones temp changes during the day, ok so you got a fever millions of reasons why people get fevers.

If your exposure was in Dec, this fever is not due to ARS or acute hiv.. ars doesnt come up 4 months later it happens within 2-4 weeks.

go get a hiv test not because i suspect anything is wrong but its the best thing to do, stress & anexity for long periods of time can damage your health.. just bite the bullet you will be fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Bite the Bullet new
      #189708 - 05/05/06 08:54 AM

No I intend to I just didn't want to do it through our family doctor. Hope you understand. Since my wife see's her it would be kinda akward.
I will go to the PP clinic by my office to get it done that way no suspicions aroused.
B

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2309

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3