Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

So many symptoms, still negative
      #189492 - 05/04/06 02:17 PM

This group is for people who have tested out of their HIV window period, but remain with symtpoms of an unknown std:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillness/

Welcome to our site. I am glad you found us. Members here have symptoms of a unknown viral syndrome that medical science has been unable to diagnose.

We have listed many resources in the links and files sections and many of us have gone to the CDC, NIH and other centers for testing.

I created this board because anyone with symptoms but testing negative are usually run of other boards and are told its all anxiety.

I urge all members here to read the aidsmeds, thebody, webmd, healthboards and direct any people at those boards to this one if they are hiv negative past the window and still have symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MMario
Unregistered

Re: So many symptoms, still negative new
      #189500 - 05/04/06 02:30 PM

I firmly believe that there are many people who may indeed have an unknown viral illness. However, this is not HIV. There are countless viral infections floating around. Sexually active people think that because they have sex, and they get sick, the illness must be a result of the sex they had.

This has to do with countless issues I don't have time to go into.

We are exposed to viral agents each and every day. If you get sick, you may in fact be sick due to a virus. However, if you continue to test HIV negative after 13 weeks it is time to start looking for the real cause of your illness.

So much time is wasted focusing on HIV that the real illness is being ignored. Perhaps there is a new viral disease that has not even been named yet. You won't get any closer to solving the mystery if you keep insisting it is HIV when it is not.

Who knows, maybe this mystery illness is far worse than HIV. Imagine how much attention you will get if it is. After all, isn't this what this insistence is all about??? Getting attention and feeling special.

You want to feel like one in a million, so you keep on insisting that you are that "one" who defies all the scientific data and seroconverts later.

Come on, this isn't a contest. No one is going to give you a prize if you do defy the incredible odds and seroconvert past 13 weeks.

What then? Do you think you will be on Oprah, or Jerry Springer, or have a movie made about your life that airs repeatedly on Lifetime Television for women and drama queens?!?!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#189505 - 05/04/06 02:44 PM

MMario that was very distasteful of U. yes there are a lot of people that test past 13 weeks and are still worried. Hell there are a couple that tested passed this time frame on the "living with HIV forum." I will agree with U that there are some out there that all they want is the attention. On the flip side of that coin, are people who seriously think they could still be positive and are concerned about it. I guess here we go with stereotypes and making blanket statements that apply only to a few. i wish U well. Weren't you going to believe your 3 month test? Get out of here and stop feeding your mind with hiv thoughts and conversations then. Be well and take care!!

G-ManRAZ
Unregistered

#189601 - 05/04/06 07:12 PM

I had an exposure of unprotected insertive oral sex with a "Pro". 2 weeks later I started with symtoms, headaches, dizziness, itchy skin, pain in testicles, shaft and anus, loose stools, night sweats, flatulance, abdominal pain, fast heart rate, shortness of breathe, dry mouth and eyes, ear infections, blurry vision, reactive lymph nodes confirmed by MRI, numbness in hands and face, sinus pressure, fully white tongue, ulcers on gums, toe nail infection, skin peeling at all finger tips, very dry and flaky skin, small red pinpoint like dots under the skin, joint pain, hand and foot pain, burning sensation on thighs and back, small rash on trunk, hair loss on arms, brown spot on forehead that came and went quickly, sudden weight loss of 12 lbs., insomnia, very fatiuged and a few other things that I just can't think of at the moment. Most have subsided except for a few things.

I have tested at 1,2,3,4 months by DNA-PCR Neg.
31-211 days Oraquik Neg.
84, 124 & 181 days Elisa Neg.
181 days HTLV Neg.
124 days HIV2 Elisa Neg.
176 days tested the only possible source of aquiring infection. Also Neg. by Elisa

Do I agree with you that there is something undiscovered? Yes I am becoming more and more convinced in light of all my testing and the very real and very similar stories posted. Simple math is all that is needed to figure out that something is very wrong.
How could all these people after some type of sexual episode, followed by symptoms shortly after, the vast majority of symptoms are consistent with others, Neg. testing out months and months, sometimes years and there not be some strong disturbing suspicion that these illnesses are not HIV related or that there really is some type of who knows what out there not discovered yet. I tested my source (Pro) 6 months after our only contact and I tested excessively out to 7 months. The chances of 2 seperate people becoming positve after results like these in respect to CDC 3 & 6 month window period would be extremely unlikely. But who knows!
I am starting to think there really could be some new mutation of HIV or a subtype that is known of in other parts of the world that is now making its presence known here.

Another thing I have taken notice of is that the people who test positive only weeks after a suspicious sexual encounter are the ones who developed the very strong flu like illness for a few weeks and then fully recover. I wonder if this indicates a very strong initial immune response that does put HIV in check, while others like myself may not handle it as well initially, but will eventually thus yielding a pos. result later. I wish I knew what was going on here.

There really is only a few possibilties.
Late Seroconversion.
New mutation or rare subtype.
Some new virus not discovered yet.

I am leaning toward something not discovered yet. Just as it was in the early 80's when no one could figure out what was going on with people, they finally got it figured out. I just hope it doesn't take long to figure it out this time around.

Some experts say that the first medical problem that arises shortly after HIV infection is systemic Candida which can cause all the symptoms I have experienced and then some. They say that because Candida is already in all healthy people but can't become a problem because the immune system keeps it in check. It is when there is some type of compromise that it will grow out of control. Also found reports of people who claim that they aquired Candida sexually. My Infectious Disease Dr. said it is possible but is a very controversal subject in the medical field. By the way my ID Dr. has told me that regardless of my symptoms I am done HIV testing in light of the results including the results of the source. OK? Look up Candida online and you find many stories of people with Candida infection who say they have no other underlying problems. Check out the symptoms this infection can cause. It is pretty intense. One man says he aquired Candida sexually 19 years ago and has been under a relentless battle ever since. He passed it on to his wife and she too now has been battling the same problems as her husband for 12 years. These symptoms are vurtually identical to my symptoms and the ones that I have read about from all the Neg. posters.

It is very frustrating for me as anyone else that is going through the same thing when we cannot find out what is going on with our bodies.

One day we will have our answer!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#196348 - 06/16/06 10:56 AM

yes it so absolutely dispairing!!!

David75
Regular

Reged: 12/29/06
      #227521 - 06/01/07 11:34 AM

Hello G-MANRAZ and VonDutch,

Can you pleaaasse tell me if you have found what is wrong with you ...; I 'm having the same very severe symptoms and I keep testing negative ...

Thanks,

David

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3103

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3