Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

jocko
      #18822 - 06/29/01 06:30 PM

how many user names do you use on this board ?
I know you have a few on the health board.
do you answer your own questions here too ?
or argue with yourself ?
very strange bird you are.
good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jocko
Unregistered

Re: jocko new
      #18824 - 06/29/01 08:37 PM

Not that it matters, because I'm sure you won't believe me ...... but here goes: On Healthboards, about 2 months back, there were some dissenters that were basically ruining the board with their rhetoric. Without going into their motives, agenda, or endless amount of B.S. information ...... I began looking into the whole dissenters' view and found it to be pretty ridiculous. However, I also found it to be dangerous, since newcomers were constantly being told not to worry about HIV because it doesn't exist (thus encouraging unprotected sex and promoting the spread of HIV). After contacting the moderators of healthboards and becoming frustrated by these dissenters, I posted under their names a few times and tried to make them look pretty stupid. The bottom line was; however, that the joke was on me ...... my I.P. # was banned from the forum because the moderators found that I was posting under these names and thought that I was responsible for all of the dissenting views, and the mainstream arguments that followed them. Bottom line, they did the right thing in banning my number. Since then, I've been in touch with the moderators, have explained my situation, and without going into further detail ..... I have no doubt earned their trust. If you'll notice, there aren't any dissenting opinions that remain on healthboards for very long; and the dissenters have gone elsewhere. My "real" posts on Healthboards were from "j-bird", and they were from the heart. In a nutshell, I tried to discredit the dissenters through dishonesty - not the best move on my part! All in all, I've gone through TONS of stress since my exposure ..... I've often come to these forums for solace, and I guess I've viewed some people's insensitivity (in particular, people who say HIV does not exist) as SO WRONG that I've taken it a bit too seriously. My anxiety has mellowed quite a bit, and I don't take insensitive people as seriosuly as I did a while back. As to answer you questions honestly ..... I respond to posts under "anonymous" on this forum quite often; I really don't know why I don't always use "Jocko" Also, I never answer my own questions or argue with myself on here. As for being a strange bird ..... I can see why you say that if you read the posts on Healthboards when I was tryng to discredit dangerous posts ..... I can only hope that my sincerity in this post comes through to you. Take care.
jocko

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: jocko's cofession right here folks new
      #21660 - 08/30/01 01:58 AM

read it yourself.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 898

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3