Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ComedyTragedy

Reged: 04/26/06
Worst year of my life?
      #188019 - 04/26/06 11:34 AM

I turned 30 this month, and this month brings me full circle to what must have been the worst year of my life.

Last year 2 days before my 29th birthday, my father died unexpectedly. Shortly after that my aunt (Executrix of my Dad's Estate) began a campain against me not to give me the inheratence my father wanted me to have. I had to hire an attorney and go to court just to get what was rightfully left to me.

Now all that is over, my aunt was ordered to hand over everything and I began to get some simblance of my life back. Then I noticed I kept getting sick.

During this past year, my then boyfriend came to stay with me and offer moral support (he's from the UK). We've had "the talk", you know, the "Have you been tested?" etc. I felt comfortable with his answers. But lately, I've been experincing some symptoms that's caused me to think: Have I put myself at risk?I've been really beating myself up over this. The reason being is that I should have known better, my uncle died from AIDS. I've witnessed first hand how devastating this illness is...not just to the person going through it....but also to their friends and family.

Well, after much anxiety and sleepless nights, I decided to get tested. I was told to return in 2 weeks so that if anything did show up, they could analize it further. I'm due back at the clinic May 5th.

I am really scared.

I was told that a lot of the symtoms I have could be stress related. Well, I guess I'm about to find out if that's so or if my worst fears are about to be realized.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Worst year of my life? new
      #188028 - 04/26/06 11:51 AM

well alot of symptoms could be stress related and the only way to tell is by being tested. were there no rapid test where you live? has your boyfriend been tested? will keep you in my prayers. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#188029 - 04/26/06 11:55 AM

What kind of exposures have U had? Protected/not?

ComedyTragedy

#188030 - 04/26/06 11:59 AM

I went to a clinic that didn't offer rapid testing. My ex-boyfriend said he was tested and that it was negative.

thank you for putting me in your prayers

ComedyTragedy

#188032 - 04/26/06 12:00 PM

We used a condom most of the time. But once I gave him oral and we didn't use a condom.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #188117 - 04/26/06 06:16 PM

Hang in there sweetie....you came to the right place, mt body "family" is wonderful!!!

ComedyTragedy

#188129 - 04/26/06 06:56 PM

Thank you Sadface, I have found encouragement and peace on this site.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#188137 - 04/26/06 07:35 PM

Sweety, you will be fine. trust me..... Try and relax. Stay busy. I found working a littler harder at the office, working out a little (if U do), go jogging, eat well and do some relaxation tapes!!

ComedyTragedy

#188242 - 04/27/06 12:31 PM

Thank you. I have been keeping busy. Just spending time with my son, doing my school work, and talking with a few close friends has done loads for my sanity during this uncertain time.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#188722 - 04/29/06 10:45 PM

Something tells me you'll test negative. You're in my thoughts and please, let us know how it turns out.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3265

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3