Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

recent news on late seroconversion: read last line
      #187525 - 04/22/06 11:48 AM

http://www.thebody.com/confs/retro2006/wilkin1.html

Morpeth et al also described a single unusual case in which an individual did not develop an antibody response for one year after first having a viral load of more than 10 million copies/mL. This patient had rapidly progressive HIV, with a CD4+ cell count of 2. He did not develop a positive antibody response until five months after starting an effective combination of antiretroviral medications. Similar cases have rarely been reported in the literature, but they do happen. It is worth noting, of course, that the diagnosis would not have been made -- and treatment would not have been initiated -- without appropriately testing for primary HIV infection.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: recent news on late seroconversion: read last line new
      #187544 - 04/22/06 02:02 PM

And as the report said, "In a very rare case"

So you are also going to be that same person? I think not, a normal immune system will show on a standard HIV test by week 6.

Pinkyis
Unregistered

Re: recent news on late seroconversion: read last new
      #187583 - 04/22/06 09:31 PM

Pinky is baaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

JonCage
Master

Reged: 04/13/06
      #187587 - 04/22/06 10:25 PM

It is possible to have HIV and not test positive by 13 weeks but it is so incredibly rare that doctor's do not suggest further testing for the general population after 13 weeks.

It has been documented that advance HIV progression, leading to AIDS in a short period of time can cause a patient to repeatedly test negative on standard ELISA's. Although worth noting, it is so rare that as a whole you should not need to worry about it. Even patients with AIDS rarely test negative using an ELISA, a large number will still test postive.

We can not give anyone a diagnoses here. We can only assess there risk and educate them on the manners of HIV. If you think you may be one of "those" rare cases, then have your doctor review your clinical history to determine whether any further testing is necessary. If you were to have advance HIV progression (AIDS) you would certainly know about it.

--------------------
Red like love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance towards those affected

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187824 - 04/25/06 06:04 AM

HEY!!!!
I saw this case, PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THIS MEN HAD TWO DIFFERENT VIRUS INFECTIONS DURING THE LAST 12 MONTHS. HE GOT THESE VIRUS in AFRICA. SO, CONCLUSSION HIS IMMNUE SYSTEM WAS REALLY AFECTED AND THEREFORE IT IS THE ALREADY WELL DOCUMENTED CASES OF NO LATE SEROCONVERSION BECAUSE DEPRESSED INMUNE SYSTEM. tHIS SHOULD be mentioned when reporting the article in order not to scare people

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5580

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3