Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Condom used...sort of. HELP!!
      #187339 - 04/21/06 08:48 AM

I have no self control. Im a glutten for punishment I think!

I've recently started seeing my ex boyfriend again. We've only had sex 2 times. One was the end of Feb. (totally unprotected.) And the other time was last night. (protected....sort of)

I freaked out totally after the first time, made him get tested. He tested negative. That test was done approx. 6-8 weeks after what would have been his last exposure. So I *think* he's probably truly negative. But I still worry. So I tested 6 weeks after that exposure also. I tested negative.

Even though I still worry, I stupidly had sex with him again last night. We started out WITHOUT a condom. He was in me unprotected for 5 min. maximum. He then put a condom on and "finished" with it on. So basicly, he didn't ejaculate in me since he put the condom on way before that happened.

I checked afterwards and everything was intact. No holes, leaks or anything like that. Now Im just paranoid about the "before condom" part. Is it likely that I would have contracted HIV (if he would somehow be positive) through the few minutes of unprotected intercourse we had??

Thanks for any help you can give!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TheLoneRanger
Fanatic

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Texas
Re: Condom used...sort of. HELP!! new
      #187363 - 04/21/06 10:38 AM

I suggest that you calm down and not worry too much. The negative results (yours and his) are very encouraging, and if he is not in a high risk category (drug user, promiscuous, etc), I would calmly wait for the three months mark and test for peace of mind.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

TLR

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187372 - 04/21/06 10:57 AM

no, he's not bisexual or a drug user. Those things I know of for sure. His last "exposure" would have been the girlfriend he was with for the previous 2 years. So he doesn't have multiple partners either.

My 3 month mark is coming up (on the one time unprotected exposure with him)....So do I need to wait ANOTHER 3 months now from the protected one also!???? That's JULY!! I'll never make it till then!!

TheLoneRanger
Fanatic

#187402 - 04/21/06 01:08 PM

Girl, you'll be just fine. You were with someone who tested negative and hasn't been with multiple partners. Please don't go crazy over something you don't have.

Always your friend,

TLR

TheLoneRanger
Fanatic

#187403 - 04/21/06 01:14 PM

Now before someone starts throwing darts.. I'll say what everyone is 'supposed' to say:

"Protected encounter is indeed protected if condom was used properly and did not fail. If you feel that you have put yourself at risk, get tested after 3 months for your results to be conclusive"

Did I sound like a cop.. "You have the right to remain silent...." :)

Yet, my position stays the same.. I don't see your encounter as 'high risk'.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187405 - 04/21/06 01:24 PM

I know. Im probabaly worrying for nothing. But if bad luck can happen....it'll happen to me!!!!

Yes, he tested negative. Which is reassuring. But Im always "what if-ing" about all of it!!! I know he was still with his girfriend in Dec....maybe even early January. And he tested the 27th of Feb...so is that enough time for an accurate test...for HIM???

My risk was low, I have to try to remember that. Yes, we had unprotected sex once.....and somewhat "risky" yet protected sex one other time. But really only TWO encounters....with the same person, not multiple people...HAS to be a good thing right?

He's not a drug user.
He's Not bisexual.
He has no other STD's to my knowledge.
He tested negative on rapid HIV test....

so why is it so hard for me to to just focus on those GOOD things...and not the few bad ones!?!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187406 - 04/21/06 01:29 PM

[quote]Now before someone starts throwing darts.. I'll say what everyone is 'supposed' to say:

"Protected encounter is indeed protected if condom was used properly and did not fail. If you feel that you have put yourself at risk, get tested after 3 months for your results to be conclusive"

Did I sound like a cop.. "You have the right to remain silent...." :)

Yet, my position stays the same.. I don't see your encounter as 'high risk'.

Good Luck [/quote]

Yea....I wanna call my lawyer since you just read my my rights!! HA HA HA!!!

The pre cum issue is my only scare. We did "start" intercourse without a condom. But all "finishing" was done with the condom on and intact. Believe me...I checked!!

TheLoneRanger
Fanatic

#187409 - 04/21/06 02:01 PM

Hey!! don't call your lawyer.. can you see I'm just trying to help.. not to book you!! :)

Anyway, you are assuming that he is positive when he tested negative. Please erase 'what if' from your vocabulary, at least for the next few weeks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187410 - 04/21/06 02:04 PM

so if I test at 6 weeks past this exposure (the semi protected one)...would that be reliable??

It would be 15 weeks past the UNprotected exposure, and then 6 weeks past the "protected" one.........

so far I've tested negative like I said...at 6 weeks past the unprotected one....

TheLoneRanger
Fanatic

#187411 - 04/21/06 02:04 PM

I can imagine.. you inspecting the condom after the encounter.. :) Mrs Gadget

J/K.. you need to put a smile on your face and relax.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187423 - 04/21/06 03:35 PM

[quote]I can imagine.. you inspecting the condom after the encounter.. :) Mrs Gadget [/quote]

Yea. Totally killed the mood to say the least!!!!

Im so tired of worrying. It wears me out. But on the other hand, Im not one to sit here and just patiently wait till I can test.

That's why I wanna know what my "odds" are.....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187489 - 04/21/06 10:32 PM

I guess I always wounder how some folks have sex with their boyfriend two times then want him tested. What kind of boy friend do you have? Do you think he shoots up,is Gay, or just screwing anything that walks? If he is so bad I guess the question is; why then do you call him your boyfriend?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187513 - 04/22/06 10:05 AM

[quote]I guess I always wounder how some folks have sex with their boyfriend two times then want him tested. What kind of boy friend do you have? Do you think he shoots up,is Gay, or just screwing anything that walks? If he is so bad I guess the question is; why then do you call him your boyfriend? [/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Sex "two times then have him get tested"???

The first time we were together, I got worried afterwards....to ease my worries he got tested....AFTER that first time. I knew he'd been in a relationship with someone for 2 years...but I still had my worries.

He's not gay...not bi.
Does NO drugs. (except smoking cigarettes)
Doesn't "get around".....

So why did I ask him to test?? Because I can't be with him 24/7 and we hadn't been together for almost 3 years. I couldn't be 100% sure of what he was doing since that time. I know what he's told me....but when it comes to HIV, the only thing I trust is a negative test.

Has nothing to do with character, or "type" of person he is. And quite honestly, your comment is a slap in the face to many people here. Your insinuation of he must be a piece of shit because I asked him to be tested is really insulting to many. You don't have to be a specific type of person to get HIV. It can happen to anyone. Might wanna keep that in mind next time you go shooting off your mouth.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#187522 - 04/22/06 11:21 AM

Are you the spokes person for the board? My comments had nothing to do with calling your so-called boyfriend anything. I think it is fine to worry about HIV and test often. As far as getting infected you are correct it can and does affect anyone.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#188720 - 04/29/06 10:36 PM

HIV is hard to transmit and assuming he IS positive your odds are still low. Same thing almost happened to me, but there is no sense in worrying, since worrying only makes the situation worse, not better. They say, according to what you say, that your odds are probably 1/200 in getting HIV IF and ONLY IF he had HIV. HE MUST have it in order to give it to you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3283

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3