Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worried well
      #18730 - 06/26/01 11:27 PM

This is to all the worried well. Not to elliminate your fears (cause thatll be a feet next to impossible), but more to relieve them. Ive noticed people on here posting things for honestly low risk measures like "fingering/mutual masturbation", kissing, or whatever that isnt in the "high risk" category. Like everyone on the forums say use common sense. For example people sweat "fingering/mutual masturbation". Think about what your hands come into contact on a day by day basis. Honestly I'd be more worried about going into a public restroom than being intimate with someone in that manner. I saw a thing on TV where a news woman was demonstrating the effects of ecoli and the use of warm water vs. cold water to eliminate the bacteria. She actually poored ecoli on her hands and rubbed it all around. Thats pretty risky stuff right there (granted its not HIV, but work with me here). Kissing someone. Think about it. If it were transmittable through kissing just about every person in the world would be infected. If people arent getting infected through kissing, then logically think. People arent getting infected through recieving oral sex. So, if people are not getting infected these ways don't convince yourselves that you're the one exception and will be infected cause you're going to be in for a very long haul. Remeber UNPROTECTED SEX/GIVING ORAL SEX, INJECTING NEEDLES, BLOOD TRANSFUSION, OR MOTHER TO BABY are the ways you get infected!!! Just think logically and relax...and be safe!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Oops
Unregistered

Re: Worried well new
      #18731 - 06/26/01 11:46 PM

Thank you - it helped, at least some.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1440

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3