Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stress
      #186407 - 04/14/06 12:26 PM

ya know i was told that the thrush i had was a symptom of stress and anxiety. but, there was no response once i told how the DR said yes it was thrush and no it's not stress or anxiety related.
next some many people have so many symptoms and are told it's stress and anxiety and are HIV negative. what is everyone gonna do if all the negatives they dish out are in fact not true? you gave somebody hope and encouragement for 3 months and now that slight hope they had was shattered. how would any of you react to being told something for 3 months for it to backfire in your face. they'd do exactly the same as you or i, come back to this forum and tell of the situation. no-one would have any emotion over the fact that someone tested positive, the already poz's would, but not the individuals that insisted for the 3 months of negative would care

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GamboJim

Reged: 04/14/06
Re: Stress new
      #186453 - 04/14/06 05:07 PM

Heres is what you should consider:PCR DNA Test

http://www.requestatest.com/pages/7/index.htm

The Govt should subsidize the cost of PCR DNA testing - the whole fear of false positives is unfounded. The Adult Industry uses it as a standard test to mitigate HIV risk.

ELISA is simply too slow to fight HIV.

JonCage
Master

Reged: 04/13/06
Re: Stress new
      #186464 - 04/14/06 07:21 PM

The FDA has not approved PCR test for HIV diagnoses. Regardless of the result of the PCR, it has to be followed by an ELISA before a diagnoses can be made. The PCR tests are only reliable for a short time, generally during ARS.

The vast majoirty of infections will be detected by 6 weeks. A negative test should be confirmed with a second ELISA at 3 months.

--------------------
Red like love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance towards those affected

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1352

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3