Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Katherine
Unregistered

HIV mail in test...
      #186107 - 04/12/06 04:09 PM

when i went to my gyno, they told me they do not cover HIV screening/testing and i would have to go to a lab to get tested. i was a little leary about doing that, cause i was so nervous to even get tested in the first place. last year i had unprotected sex with numerous men...well not numerous, (about 4) without using protection. anways, i then decided to get one of those home access hiv tests that you do at home, mail in, and then call for your results. when i took the at home test it was about 8 months from the last time i had unprotected sex, and my results came back as NEGATIVE!! i was so happy to hear that, but i just wanted to know if the home access hiv tests are as accurate as the ones they give you at the lab. has anyone ever used home acces hiv testing?? if so, please let me know if it is in fact accurate!! i spoke with one of the counsoulers after i got my results and she told me that it was in fact accurate and that it was plenty of time in between to get an accuarate result. it's just such a serious disease, that i need to know from someone else if that is in fact true. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wombat
Unregistered

Re: HIV mail in test... new
      #186112 - 04/12/06 04:45 PM

the home access test is FDA approved (which is a difficult approval to obtain) meaning that it is backed by the US government and is just as reliable and accurate as a test you would get from a doctor. they spent millions of dollars in research to gain approval, and run their tests in a fully sanctioned laboratory. what im saying is, that if you have tested after 3 mos like you said, YOU ARE HIV-!! some people may point out that it is a 1st generation test, however past the 3 month window period it is just as accurate as any of the later generations. be safe from here on out.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#186113 - 04/12/06 04:53 PM

thank you so much for answering me!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#186114 - 04/12/06 05:08 PM

The Home Access tests are accurate and FDA approved.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1397

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3