Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scared to Death
      #18566 - 06/20/01 04:12 PM

I had vaginal intercourse 5 weeks ago.....and my comdom had come off ....and not sure how long that was the case.........at 4 weeks (27 days) I had an Elisa antibody test........the results came back negative.....however I am so scared........I feel like I have had every symptom of ars over the last couple weeks..........Is my first test a good sign? Can my anxiety cause me to have these symptoms? Please Help. Has anyone ever test positive after having a one month negative tests?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Scared to Death new
      #18568 - 06/20/01 06:52 PM

Have you considered contacting your partner to question her status?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18570 - 06/20/01 07:44 PM

I tracked her down...........and she said do not worry that she plays it safe.....but I was not convinced...........I am so consumed.......all I did today was get info from the internet etc...........Now I wonder if I have a rash.........I feel I am losing control!

Shane
Unregistered

Me too new
      #18571 - 06/20/01 07:46 PM

We all understand your fear...Want to trade situations? I have a wife and little
baby...we have two friends who have AIDS...I go over to drop off a birthday gift...
friend (a) takes bird out of cage...flips bird upside down...bird fights hard not to
rotate...bird has sharp claws....bird falls from friends hand and lands on the open
part of my shirt on chest and punctures me in many places...ughhhh....oh no...friend
can't be 100% positive bird didn't knick him (what the f*%k does that
mean????)....anyway do you know your partner?...does he/she have HIV? Can you
talk to them about it?...Was it a sex worker?...even if they had HIV your chances of
contracting it from one exposure is 1-600...if you didn't have any cuts or lesions
you're chance is very very slim...

#1 Yes ARS symptoms can show up at any time within the first 2 months (usually
never longer)
#2 Yes 50% of people (this is actually conservative might be more) will show
antibody pos at 21 days if they are truly infected.
#3 the odds that this person had HIV is tiny tiny tiny.
#4 YES STRESS CAN CAUSE EVERY ARS SYMPTOM...EVEN
FEVER...that's right body temp is raised when you're upset.
#5 Be responsible (I'm sure you are) and don't have sex with anyone until you know.
If you need to get it over with now...go get a PCR DNA test...this should get you
from 50% to >95%...the number to schedule an appointment is 800-584-8183 (toll
free)

BTW I had a some ARS symptoms and had a neg PCR DNA test at 5
weeks...you're not alone friend. A bad cold, a small rash on my arm and belly (arm
lasted a few hours) wired red spot on my tongue that moved around from day to
day. Again, your fear and anguish...you're not alone.

Peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Me too new
      #18572 - 06/20/01 08:04 PM

I know you are right...........but I am so scared..........I just can't understand why I feel so bad...if I trully don't have it.........I am lightheaded....have had off and on sore throats (doctor said from allergies), feel tired, my legs feel like they way a ton.....now I wonder if my chest always looked like this...or do I have a Maculopalpular rash............

I do not know how I can go thru this anymore........

She wasn't a sex worker.........met her at a bar.....I do not know her status ...except she said she plays it safe......I probably should call her again!

Anonymous in DC
Unregistered

Re: Me too new
      #18578 - 06/20/01 11:31 PM

I am relatively new to a lot of the terms on this site and need some clarification. What is a a CPR DNA test and what is its revelance to 50-95%?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18582 - 06/21/01 05:06 AM

Hi!
The most doctors says that a test after 4 weeks is 95 precent sure so IT IS A GOOD SIGN that you took it and it was neg! so... retest at 8 weeks to be 100 precent sure but relax during the time! Maybe your symptoms dissapear if you relax and not produce strss all the time? I got my neg. test back today and i have had all symptom you can imagine...so hang in there..things will work out fine! RELAX! Love Isabelle.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18583 - 06/21/01 08:26 AM

Thanks...........but do you really feel stress can make you tired .........no energy.....legs feeling heavy.......etc etc.....I hold on to the fact that.........I have not had a fever....which I figure would be the number one symptom.....I am always feeling my lymph nodes ........wondering if they are swollen etc......It has been horrible...........I am wondering if I should call the woman again-----but she already said do not worry!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18584 - 06/21/01 08:28 AM

Isabelle, What symptoms did you have? It just seems to me that it is to much of a coincidence I feel like this now..
and not be infected!

Isabelle
Unregistered

#18593 - 06/21/01 01:05 PM

Hi again!

My "sympthoms" started with low fever and a 3 weeks deep cough, after that I got red spots and swollen lymps and white and painfull tongue and sore trout...and I have NEVER had this sort of illness before so I was also convinced that it must be hiv..but it wasent! I had a peiod when I was tired all the time..I slept like 14 hours a night and always felt tired anyway...I red on the iternet that it was a sign of hiv and felt scared!!! But later on I was asking an expert on hiv and he said that hiv dosent make you feel tired in the beginning..fatigue is a sign of hiv after MANY years when your body is tired ...so as I wrote before..Please relax!! And dont look up to many sites on internet after sympthoms..You can start to imagine so much..TAKE CARE! Love Isabelle

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18595 - 06/21/01 02:12 PM

Thanks exactly what I am doing...........I am getting worse everyday...............I wish I could turn back the hands of time..............and never got myself in this situation...........I guess we all wish that

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2623

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3