Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jambo
Fanatic

Reged: 04/08/06
Please assess my real risk
      #185304 - 04/08/06 05:20 AM

Hi All

This is my first post. I have sent many questions to Dr bob but never got his reply, so thought of posting it to this forum, maybe for some assurance, or maybe for some real advice. Thank you for your responses in advance.

Are my fear irrational? I did some insertion attempts on a massage girl over a towel wrapped on her, I think I got close but did not succeed. The towel could have had some vaginal secretions since I was fingering her over the towel too, for a little while. I did not have condoms on, and I am not circumcised. On top of it, I was quite drunk, so lately I am imagining that there was no towel, even though I know for sure that I did not insert. What if the towel over which I had been fingering the woman got turned upside when I started attempting to insert. Then it would have fresh vaginal secretions and I would have greater risks due the uncircumcised penis.

She tried to put her tongue into my mouth but I tried not to part my lips. Maybe some saliva, which you will say is not a risk. Oh, yes nipple licking and sucking too and then she masturbated me, no visible cuts anywhere on her hand…

What is my composite risk? Zero or low, given that the girl was a high risk category (aren’t we all?). will you suggest testing? One of the threads in this forum has some posts from people who have been diagnosed positive through insertive oral sex. I thought it was a negligible risk. What should I make of it?

worried...to say the least
stonjambo

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jambo
Fanatic

Re: Please assess my real risk new
      #185305 - 04/08/06 05:24 AM

Sorry, some more questions

Why is grinding, like near the vagina/anus, with some possible fluid exchange not a risk, since the fluids are fresh, the virus probably still very alive and should transmit in the same way as picking up fluids from insertive sex? I see a number of posts where Dr Bob's responses to questions of grinding are essentially that it cannot transmit the virus unless there is vaginal/anal/oral, and that contact between fluids and mucous membranes have to be direct. Does grinding also not result in direct fluid contact with, say the penis???? what about an uncircumcised penis, with more mucous membranes...

any comments???

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #185311 - 04/08/06 07:55 AM

None of this was a risk.

HIV is an extremely fragile virus. Once subjected to changes in environment it loses it's ability to infect. Which is why transmission doesn't occur outside the body. It needs an enclosed warm, moist, ph balanced, lacking oxygen environment that you find inside the body. This is why needle sharing is a high risk also. Not only are you shooting straight into a vein, but needles are designed to keep air bubbles out.

The penis has only muscus membranes inside the urthea. On uncircumsized mailes the dendtic (sp?) cells found under the foreskin can be a way for HIV to be transmitted, but again only in that nice warm moist environment.

Oh, and it's not the person that is high risk. It's activities that are high risk. You had no risk.

jambo
Fanatic

#185323 - 04/08/06 10:30 AM

Jackie Blue

thanks a lot for your assurance and the information as well. though i had read most of what you have said, it is still comforting to hear it from someone.

i guess it the guilt of not being loyal to someone that starts this fear syndrome. i hope i will find a way to mend my conscience, but first, for the heck of it, i have to go through the 6 week and 12 week tests. i will not have it off my mind unless i see it on the test, again i think many of us are like that.

thanks a mill. anyways and keep well.
Jambo

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #185324 - 04/08/06 10:32 AM

jambo
Fanatic

#185326 - 04/08/06 10:40 AM

Thanks friend...for both pieces of advice.

Well, i was drunk enough to drive to the massage place safely (yes i live in a country where you can drink and drive, though not legally but quite common) and drive back. most of my acts are quite vivid in memory too...at least were in the first 2-3 days. i dont know lately the fear psychosis seems to be taking over.

anyways will try to follow your advice. thanks.

jambo
Fanatic

One more doubt about the ELISA tests new
      #185451 - 04/08/06 11:18 PM

Folks one more doubt creeping into my mind. it appears all of us who think we are recently infected have the toughest time waiting for the 'window period' and since there are different explanations, we all decide based on what we are comfortable with...

Reading much of the literature it seems clear that the later generation ELISA tests do shorten window periods for most people. My question is, if i test in a clinic which sends the blood sample to a lab, and cannot give me an answer on what generation tests are being used, how best can i assess this. If they tell me the name of the manufacturer will it be possible to get information then?

the tests that they do here provide results on the next day, and it only says EIA reactive or non reactive...i have not been able to get information on the exact tests used.

any suggestions on how to proceed?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1979

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3