Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably infected now
      #185299 - 04/08/06 04:32 AM

I'm always careful not to sit on public toilets (I'm female), I pee while standing up, like guys do, I don't wanna touch anyone else's pee or blood or whatever. So tonight I was at a public toilet in a bar, I dropped my pants and underwear to the floor completely (I never actually drop them to the floor but last time they got sort of wet lol, so I decided to drop them to the floor) and when I put them on again, they're sort of wet in the panties area, like my lower ass got sort of wet and in the front too, and it smells like urine.. and I was hoping it was my urine but then I looked at the floor and there was too much, some urine went down my leg but I got to dry it before it even touched my pants. I put my pants on and sprayed a lot of perfume in the whole area, cuz it has alcohol and I suppose it could kill any trace of HIV or herpes or hepatitis, and that was it, nothing else I could do, I couldn't change or refuse to put them on or anything as I was at a bar. When I got home (6 hours later) I obviously took a shower and cleaned that area down there really hard. So now I'm worried, cuz I know the girl that went to the bathroom before me and I know she's no saint, and even if it wasn't her urine, it's not MY urine therefore it could be anyone's, and it could be infected, there could be menstrual blood in it or anything else. Please tell me what is my risk, thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
Re: Probably infected now new
      #185302 - 04/08/06 05:01 AM

Search the archives for the answer. http://search1.thebody.com:7800/search?site=thebody1&client=thebody1&restrict=safe&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebody.com%2Fsearch%2Fthebody_2005.xslt&output=xml_no_dtd&q=exposure+to+urine&seek.x=15&seek.y=8&seek=seek

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

Anonymous
Unregistered

I did read new
      #185306 - 04/08/06 05:34 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I know urine is very low risk but the thing is I FELT someone else's urine in my skin and I couldn't do anything about it and I probably brought it upon myself, I didn't have to let my pants touch the floor, I ended up doing exactly what I was trying to avoid, touching someone else's urine. I know urine can't magically go from the pants to my pores (or some scar I have in the area? none that I know of anyway) and get into my bloodstream, but it could've gotten into my ass or more likely my vagina, since the pants were really tight and the panties probably got wet too. I had put this HIV phobia behind me, I've been doing everything right for the past few months (no unprotected sex, careful in public restrooms) so I was feeling alright, and I had to go do this, I should've cleaned the pants with some water while in the bathroom but it was gonna look more wet and I didn't want people to stare, but if I had done that I wouldn't be worrying right now. I don't know what to do or think. If there was some menstrual blood or anything in that urine, it could've gotten into me, blood is really infectious.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: I did read new
      #185312 - 04/08/06 08:04 AM

Again, even if and that's a huge if there were any little HIV virus running around, the air, urine, cold temp would have killed off the little suckers.

Hep C is not passed by urine either.

Urine is not low risk. I read that answer he said:

Hi. Thank you for your question. You cannot get STDs through any form of casual contact! You are not at any risk of infection under the situations described in your question

As far as CMV. Most of the adult population already has it. Most of us picked it up as kids playing in the sandboxs and such. It doesn't do anything unless someone has a severly compromised immune system with a CD4 count of below 200.

This was not a situation you need to worry about. Keep plugging away at your phobia. Life's to short to let them rule you.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #185329 - 04/08/06 10:43 AM

Urine is sterile

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #185361 - 04/08/06 02:45 PM

Missy...you are so correct!!! I saw an episode of Penn and Tellers show where they debunk myths...and the myth that night was: " Toilets ( toilet seats) are dirty and you have to avoid dirty toilets because of all the germs and diseases you might get"
OK....so they used cotton swabs and swabbed just about everything you can think of...kitchen sinks, toilet seats, a persons mouth, door knobs, everything. Guess which culture grew the most germs?......Nope not the toilet seat..... it was the mouth germs petrie dish that was crawling with germs. In fact the toilet seat had fewer germs than most of the others. Interesting huh. Makes you want to run and hide when someone wants to kiss you.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #185365 - 04/08/06 02:57 PM

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #185369 - 04/08/06 03:02 PM

Here's one for the books guys!! A friend of mine was in a boat fishing in Florida last year. The group on the boat jumped into the ocean to get refreshed. My gfriend got stung by a jelly fish on her leg ( mind you they are in the middle of NO WHERE) the captin of the boat told her husband to urinate in her leg, they both looked at him like he had heads. WELL, the hubby urinated on her sting, it relieved the pain and sterilized the soon to be infection. Got her back to shore and she was treated and fine. The doctor told her that was quick thinking on the captins part to have the hubby "pee" on her sting...URINE IS STERLE! love and pee pee's,
Missy

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #185372 - 04/08/06 03:09 PM

I once saw a guy drink a beer mug of piss on a dare.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Anonymous
Unregistered

#185376 - 04/08/06 03:24 PM

I read that urine sterile until it comes out of the person, then it can get all sorts of bacteria etc from the genital area.. also what if there was menstrual blood in the urine? or just plain blood?

firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #185381 - 04/08/06 03:34 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #185384 - 04/08/06 03:56 PM

Blood, no blood. You were not at risk. End of story. I'm really sorry you just can't accept that.

Oh. Aids to HIV.....Athletes foot is what you are thinking about. I've heard that if guy's pee on their feet in the shower, they don't get atheltes foot....kills the fungus.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4369

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3