Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Test yesterday
Unregistered

Pretty Nervous
      #18460 - 06/16/01 06:31 PM

Hi I am 27 y/o straight female. I got tested yesterday for HIV. I am not into risky sex or drugs but I haven't always been 100% safe. (I have been with 2 different men - one of them has had sex with quite a few women - I doubt he used protection. The other has had 2 one night stands and didn't use anything.) I have had sex without condoms, but no one has cum in me. (Does that make any difference?). The last time I had risky sex was over 2 years ago. Would HIV show up at this point. I am so nervous about this even though I know my chances are low - hopefully - I am just a wreck waiting. How long does the test take to come back? Thanks for reading this...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Shane
Unregistered

Re: Pretty Nervous new
      #18465 - 06/16/01 09:22 PM

#1 Yes, you can contract HIV without someone ejaculating in you...pre-seminal fluid can infect, but it's VERY DIFFICULT. Your partner would have to have a high virus load to get infected with his precum. Can it happen?...yes. If you "already" have an STD, like Chlamydia, then the odds are higher because your vaginal area is already compromised. HIV can and does infect through any mucus membrane.

#2 You really don't know, regardless of what your partner says, how many "one night stands" they have had.

#3 The number of people with HIV in the heterosexual community is very very low. There is an increase and larger % of people with HIV in the African American and Hispanic population, but it's still low. The reason for this is the same reason why minorities have always had higher mortality rates...it's all about socioeconomics and resources to inform and educate. People who are struggling don't have the same access to healthcare and information as the rest of us.

#4 You are not alone...we ALL have had numerous encounters without protection...it's normal to let caution go to the wind when your partner looks hot and healthy and your hormones are racing...the odds are BIG TIME that you will be negative.

#5 Use this as a lesson...don't think you'll never have sex again, because you will...just use protection. And if you get serious with someone and want to stop using condoms, go get tested together and personally read their results. If you get hooked up with a "player" the test might only be as good for as long as it takes them to say, "see you tomorrow"...so use good judgment and don't always believe the best in someone...us guys can be dogs even when we love our girls.

#6 Oral sex CAN transmit HIV, so don't think it's a safe compromise...put a condom on it.

#7 Three months (3) is enough time for your body to produce antibodies to HIV, thus a test at 2 years will give you 100% assurance.

#8 Please be aware that false positives do happen in people, especially women...if you have frequent urinary infections or have had a pregnancy or any autoimmune disorder like Lupus, or if you suffer from Hepatitis, Lyme or Epstein Barr etc. it will frequently yield false positives...I've seen it...had a friend who had a false positive...if that happens they will run a Western Blot to confirm.

Peace

Shane
Unregistered

Takes 1 day to 2 weeks new
      #18466 - 06/16/01 09:27 PM

Forgot your other question:

Depending where you got tested, it can take 1 day to 2 weeks. I'm sure they told you when you took the test. The test itself takes an hour or so.

HealthConsultant

Reged: 06/17/01
Natural HIV & Hepatitis treatment new
      #18472 - 06/17/01 01:24 AM

Hello, my name is Philip Jones. I am a Wholistic Health Consultant. I am associated with a Naturopathic Dr. who provides a unique natural protocol, used in Europe to successfully treat those afflicted with severe viral infections, including HIV, and Hepatitis. The treatment is able to "knock down" a serious viral load, rapidly. It is natural, nontoxic, has no risky side effects, and can safely be administered by the individual, at home. Normally it is effective for one year, and is relatively inexpensive. For more information, please contact me at vitalliving@onebox.com or 1-888-355-9943

KitG
Expert

Reged: 01/15/01
IGNORE "HEALTH CONSULTANT", "PRETTY NERVOUS!" new
      #18495 - 06/18/01 09:24 AM

To "Pretty Nervous"

It's entirely up to you, of course, but if I were you, I'd ignore "Health Consultant". He is not replying to you personally. It looks like he has just latched on to the most recent post on the "Am I Infected" board, which just happens to be yours. I would go with what Shane says, and also, well done for doing the right thing and getting tested.

To "Health Consultant"

Is business really so bad that you are reduced to offering to "knock down" the viral loads of people that haven't even got a "viral load"?

If so, I'd find another "naturopathic doctor" with which to become associated.

Best wishes for your wholistic health consultancy.

(Although surely a "wholistic" health consultant would seek to ALLEVIATE stress and anxiety, rather than to blatantly and unnecessarily EXACERBATE them? Call me a sceptic, but I think you're doing more harm than good by posting on sites such as this.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1744

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3