Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
guess
Unregistered

elisa negative at 2 months
      #18419 - 06/15/01 02:24 AM

Hello, my question is the following:
I just got the result of my test wich was negative for hiv, hepatitis B and siphilis, last risk was on april 6, and the test was taken on june 7. This is exactly 2 months. How accurate is elisa test at 2 months? I'm worried because I was found an STD called MYCOPLASMA. Besides I've experienced ALL of the symptoms of ARS. Please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: elisa negative at 2 months new
      #18420 - 06/15/01 03:21 AM

Hello,
I guess you should do one PCR-DNA at this time for more confirmation. As doctor on the viral load say, the test at this time can be sure to 95-99% you are not infected.
You might contact with LOVE ISSABEL for more info cause over her country, they make a confirmation after 2 months test.
Good result afrer 2 months, please move on GUESS.
GOOD LUCK

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18421 - 06/15/01 04:31 AM

HI.
I can give U an answer abot your 2 months test, you took it nearly 9 weeks after your worried contact and the experts in Sweden says it is enough to do a finally test after 8 weeks. I have checked with two of the leder expert in Sweden who had both been working with aids since early 80s. In Sweden we still have the 3 months line in laws etc. but in a few year the line probily will change into 2 months because the experts says that all peopel anyway shows positiv during 8 weeks.(The same says the expert in France) I really think U can relax and move on with your life and have a great summer and of corse..Take care of your self in the feature! Love Isabelle

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: This for Ellisabel new
      #18422 - 06/15/01 05:01 AM

Hi Ellisabel,
Did you ask the expert on ELISA AND PCR DNA Test after 4 weeks? How is about the possibility of infected if the two results are neg?
Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18425 - 06/15/01 10:51 AM

I very much agree with Isabelle, a 2 months test is excellent and chances are you are super negative!!!!!!!
Relax, move on and take an extra on the 3months so you just have peace of mind.

guess
Unregistered

Thanks I love u all but still worried new
      #18426 - 06/15/01 11:57 AM

Thank u all for your support and I know u understand my worry that probably next month I'll test +. I don't know, perhaps in Mexico as a not developed country, test are less accurate than those in developed countries (excuse me for my ignorance but I'm still terrified). I don't know if elisa tests are standard in the whole world or not. Maybe if I were 40 or 50 it wouldn't be so worried, but I'm 24 and don't want to know I got it. Excuse me for my stupid words, I know I'm the only blame for what I did but It's un fair that sexual act can lead to death, it's so unfair.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: This for Ellisabel new
      #18450 - 06/16/01 11:00 AM

Hi!

The test I ask the experts about is an ELISA-test. In the most cases a person devlop antibodys after 3-4 weeks but it can also take longer( up to 8 weeks) so a neg ELISA test after 4 weeks is GOOD but I recomend you to test again after 8 weeks to be REAL SURE! I think your risk beeing infected after 2 neg. test is minimal and i wish you good luck in the feature..TAKE CARE ..Love Isabelle

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3873

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3