Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Test Results
      #18416 - 06/14/01 09:33 PM

Well, I got my HIV test result back today and it was negative. Phew!

I thought I would use this forum to share my sexual background and maybe others would benefit. I am a 40 year old single heterosexual male. I had my last HIV test when I was 30 years old so its been 10 long years. I have had sex with 25-30 women over the course of 10 years - I am not giving out these numbers for bragging purposes, but rather to underscore my promiscuity. During the last few weeks, waiting for my test results - I have regretted the casualness of those encounters. My only salvation was that I used a condom every time I had sex - no exceptions. Unfortunately I also had a lot of oral sex before I was fully aware of the risk of vaginal secretions - I stopped that in the last two years, but that was still 8 years of eating pussy to be scared about. I also had one bi-sexual experience where I went to a party and a couple invited me into the bedroom and I had oral sex with the man, but he did not ejaculate inside of me. I don't consider myself bisexual because of that one time adventure - it was an experiment and I didn't really care for it.

So, I guess the point that I'm getting at is that miracles do happen. If anyone deserved to be HIV+ it was me and I thank my God in heaven that I am not and I will also change my ways.

God bless everyone on this forum.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CopperBlue
Regular

Reged: 06/04/01
Re: Test Results new
      #18482 - 06/17/01 12:27 PM

Congratulations on your negative result! It's time to put the past behind you and live your life to the fullest :)

It's great that you shared your experiences with everyone on this forum. I know everyone, myself included, benefits from being able to share in the experience of others - the knowledge that we are not alone can be a tremendous help in times of trouble.

I just wanted to comment, though, that regardless of your past behavior, I was concerned by your comment that "if anyone deserved to be HIV+" it was you. No one "deserves" to be infected, whether they are straight, gay, drug user, saint, or criminal - this is a virus that does not discriminate. It does not think or feel, or go on missions to attack people who are "bad." It's true that HIV is preventable, but as long as the virus exists, every one of us is at some sort of risk, and we must educate and inform people about how to protect themselves. It's the same with cancer education - in many cases, cancer is preventable (e.g. by not smoking), but no one would say someone "deserves" lung cancer for being a smoker, or breast cancer for being a woman, would they?

Remember, HIV is NOT a punishment from God for bad behavior. If you look at some of the other bulletin boards, you'll see that many people are living happy and productive lives with HIV. These days, with the proper treatment and management, having HIV is not an automatic death sentence.

Please be safe in the future, and remember that you are not a bad person. We are all human, and we all make mistakes. Now that you are better informed, you can live a happy and healthy life going forward :)

Best,
Copper

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1277

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3