Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
panicked
Unregistered

got exposed yesterday, need advise ASAP.
      #18378 - 06/13/01 01:00 PM

i got exposured from a kid who stuck a needle (on purpose) in me. its got right through my shirt and into my nipple, i saw a red bloody spot.
needles to say that i got 50% chance to get HIV because this guy WANTED to do this.
i did hep B, blood, rentgen, tests, but this is way too early,
this is truly unfair since i am totally innocent, i got reletevly good grades in school and i have never done any sex or drugs, not even smocking or drinking one drop of alchohol. and i always imagined myself working in high-tech and succeeding in math.
all this just to be dead in a few years by this stuipd animal (as of now he lost his title as "human" to me.
im feeling right now very terrified, but more than that i feel total anger for this happend to me who didnt hurt anyone in his life, although this only happend yesterday, i already feel my body hurts, this is too much to bear, the summer holiday is coming and it is already wrecked for me.
im hoping to get to do the three month and six month test befor i kill myself from fear.

im too young to die im only 15.
however i know most of you got the HIV by diffrent forms of sex or other "activities" with your partners, or you got it because of personnal sins like drugs, drinking ETC...

but im talking to the innocent ppl on this board who got HIV and just like me will be consumed by it with time.
i guess i really just need support right now...
my parents and my doctor says "sure dont worry it takes 200 times of that needle to make you HIVed"
i dont believ this, i did all the research in this site and it clearly says im not going to make it past 25.

my death will mark the evil of the kids in our modern socciety.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
panicked
Unregistered

Re: got exposed yesterday, need advise ASAP. new
      #18379 - 06/13/01 01:10 PM

important to add is that the needle was an injector.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18385 - 06/13/01 03:30 PM

The first thing I would like to say to you is that if you are looking for comfort, solace and advice from the people here on this board, you may not want to start out by criminalizing HIV and those who have it. Just because some people aren't as "innocent" as you claim to be doesn't mean that they deserved to get "it". So I think you may be in need of an attitude adjustment in regards to HIV.

Next...CALM DOWN. You have got 3 months to test (if you or your doctors feel that you are at risk). Maybe therapy may be a better way to help you get through this time.

I really think that you don't have anything to worry about but test in 3 months and then you will know for sure. If your doctor feels that you are truly at risk, there are other tests that can be taken but talk that over with your physician.

If nothing else, perhaps this experience and any research you do will provide a different means of how you see HIV and the people with it. I'm sure quite a bit of it is age, on your part. Educate yourself for knowledge is power.

Best of luck to you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18387 - 06/13/01 04:31 PM

1.) Sue this person if he really did this on purpose - if he is infected .... you're rich!
2.) Don't come here and call ANY of us sinners. Judging people is one of the worst sins there is according to the bible. Learn some manners before you spout off your views!
3.) If you have reason to believe this person is HIV+, go to an emergency room and ask for PEP right now!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18388 - 06/13/01 04:50 PM

about the "sin" stuff you are both right. and i apologize. however a persnnal sin could also be described as a personnal bad doing on your point of view.
im going to take it more quietly now.
just do those tests in 3 month's and get over it.
thanks.

Shane
Unregistered

I suspect FLAME Bait new
      #18390 - 06/13/01 05:36 PM

I suspect that you aren't for real, for several reasons, all of which are obvious, so I won't waste time going through them.

IF you are indeed for real, then I apologize for not originally believing you.

Although you might be good at math, your spelling and grammar stink and so does your assessment of the human soul.

You're young, naive and have been conditioned with the ideology of those closest to you in your formative years, therefore we can forgive your ignorance.

Your lesson dear child, is to read the following (opinion) and to try to keep an objective and open mind. See how I was able to say "opinion", even though what I wrote below I vehemently believe to be fact? Maybe your first step will be to do the same ...acknowledge that everything in life is subject to being only an opinion or theory.

Like every other animal on this planet, we are all pre-programmed with the urge, desire and hormones to propagate our species. This urge is nearly almost 100% impossible to control...yes even the nuns and priests find themselves in the darkness getting relief. Some folks were born with their urge and desire a little crossed...they want to propagate, but the emotional, visual and physical aspect of their desire, that which they've been born with and drives them, is attracted to the same sex. This is neither a sin, nor a problem, unless of course you believe that the earth is flat and the sun and universe spin around our planet. You might want to disagree by quoting from a book that was written by men to control men, but I will leave God and his judgment, to God and the individual, and will not be so bold as to try and interpret words written by men. HIV is contracted because both heterosexuals and homosexuals, use poor judgment, and in many cases, over trust their partners status or claim of status, therefore disregarding protection. Not using protection is a mistake, not a sin. We weren't born with condoms on our penises or inserted into our vaginas, and they don't feel very good, so many times urge overtakes personal responsibility and common sense. Ever made a mistake?

Now in your case, if you were stuck by an individual with a needle, whether or not it was infected with HIV, that in my opinion, WAS A SIN. It was also attempted manslaughter/murder. Forget about the HIV, the emotional stress is awful and if you were to harm yourself over this, it would be a tragedy.

Your chances of contracting HIV, IF IN FACT THE NEEDLE DID HAVE HIV is 0.3% (1 in 300). That statistic comes from the CDC when they studied occupational exposures. If you need piece of mind, ask for a PCR DNA test at 4 weeks...if it's undetectable, you can be 95-99% sure you're neg...IF THE NEEDLE had hiv, that is. The chances of the needle containing HIV are very very VERY low.

In the end, I have a feeling you have succeeded in what you set out to do...that is to play and invoke the emotions of people who really do care ...and if that's the case...you are really the sinner....if not, you'll be fine and negative.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: injector new
      #18394 - 06/13/01 09:58 PM

I think you are a scared little sh1t and pity you for your circumstance and narrowmindedness.
To ask for help but only from the innocents is even more incredible.
As confusious says
"parents of teenagers know why some animals eat their young"
Go back to your gameboy or bible and leave us sinners alone.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1908

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3