Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Constant Twitching in left calve
      #182847 - 03/28/06 12:49 PM

I've had constant twitching in my left calve for over 2 months now. The docs say tthis is normal. i had a protected vaginal incident with a female professional and tested negative via EIA @ 5 months 2 days. I also tested @ 6 1/2 months negative via ELISA.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LQZ
Regular

Reged: 03/13/06
Re: Constant Twitching in left calve *DELETED* new
      #182848 - 03/28/06 12:52 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Constant Twitching in left calve new
      #182851 - 03/28/06 01:09 PM

There are so many other diseases.

Douche, have you read anything on Fibromyalgia. I have a friend who has your symptoms, and it turns out that he has Fibromyalgia. Google it and look on some of the Fibromyalgia forums. It sounds a lot like your condition.

ravi
Veteran

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #182852 - 03/28/06 01:12 PM

hi

regards from india

Firstoff you had NO risk, moreover you tested negative @ 5 and 6 months respectively, this only states one fact, you are HIV negative...period!

Your constant twitching in the left calve is not even remotely related to HIV.

Believe your doctors and trust your results.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

LQZ
Regular

#182854 - 03/28/06 01:15 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182856 - 03/28/06 01:27 PM

Hmmm, you have. There are many theories about fibromyalgia, some say that it is caused by an initial viral infection. I cannot help but wonder if you have ruled these out because they are not as dramatic as HIV.

One thing I notice about your posts is that every response leads back to you, you, and you.

Also, are you employed? You have a lot of time to devote to all this.

Why have you ruled out Lyme disease, et al. Is it because you took the blood test for it, and they ruled it out. If the answer is yes, why not do the same thing with HIV.

Ringing ears is not an HIV related symptom. You do not have swollen lymph nodes which is universally common to HIV infected individuals.

Your illness sounds far more similar to Lyme disease, and if not that Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I cannot help but wonder if all this is not some desperate ploy for attention. Look how excited you get when your post gets "stars".

Do you want to be a star, Douchie. Are you otherwife talentless, and your only hope of fame is through an infectious disease?

You have take over this forum. I see you don't pull this at Aidsmeds.com. They have a really good forum dedicated to issues such as yours. May I suggest the "Fears" forum.

You really need to approach your doctors differently if you are to be taken seriously. Try to find out what is wrong without insisting that it is HIV.

Of go to Dr. Bob's clinic. That would be really dramatic and attention getting. Maybe you and Bob can become chums, and have a party, inviting "Imnotcrazy". The trouble with her is that she wants all the attention as well. If you both do have some new mystery illness will it be named the "imnotcrzy" disease or douchebag syndrome?

You two will have to fight it out.

LQZ
Regular

#182872 - 03/28/06 02:26 PM

Post deleted by VonDutcheFace

LQZ
Regular

#182877 - 03/28/06 02:36 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182881 - 03/28/06 02:53 PM

Have they looked at testing you for Lyme disease. Also, you might want to go to a rheumatologist (sp) to see if it my be fibro.

Yes, sadly, docs are often also fixated on hep and hiv. I once had a doc tell my that by my symptoms that I had hep, and most likely a form of viral hep (there is also non viral hep). Well, she was wrong, no hep in spite of elevated liver enzymes. She didn't ask if I was taking Tylenol, and I had been, in excessive doses.

I also tested neg for HIV.

My ears have not stopped ringing in months.

UGH. Doctors don't know everything. What you may have, and what I may have is not readily apparent to them.

Good luck in finding out what this is.

LQZ
Regular

#182882 - 03/28/06 02:57 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

wombat
Unregistered

#182894 - 03/28/06 03:42 PM

the reason it took so long to identify HIV was because it is extremely difficult to transmit (comparatively), so it didn't spread too quickly. and secondly, the potential latency period of the virus, before you see any real symptoms, is up to decades sometimes. if your new "super virus" exists and is trasmitted how you describe, through drinking out of the same cup, and its symtoms manifest that quickly and severely, then there will be an epidemic on our hands in no time. so you can just sit back, wait a few months, and everyone will be sick. there are millions of pathological entities out there that could be causing your problems. this is an HIV message board, not a "mystery virus" board. also, your doctors didn't go to 12 years of school for nothing. if they listened to every nutjob coming into their office saying they had discovered a super virus, they'd waste an enormous amount of time chasing dead ends and not helping people that needed help. maybe this stripper was some sort of biological weapon sent from another country, emitting her payload through a crowd dousching. i have no idea why you are suffering and neither does anyone else here. oh, and to the originator of the thread, i get hundreds of twitches throughout my entire body, every day. look up "benign fasciculation syndrome" another disorder potentially caused by a virus and related to CFS and Fibromyalgia.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182895 - 03/28/06 03:52 PM

wombat,

thanks for your reply. I was beginning to think that douch hijacked my post and no one would answer my question.

LQZ
Regular

#182899 - 03/28/06 04:10 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

wombat
Unregistered

#182904 - 03/28/06 04:33 PM

the human body isnt perfect. do you think we live in a computer program or something where our bodies never malfunction? no (at least not that im aware of). people have good and bad heatlh, and medical science isnt perfect either. the people emailing dr bob may have problems, but they dont have hiv. and i know you don't like to be told about stress, but its probably causing most of their problems (not necessarily yours). cracked lips passing some pathogen through water would still be represent the fact that your new mystery virus is 1000000x more transmissible than hiv, so my earlier arguments still stand.

LQZ
Regular

#182930 - 03/28/06 07:12 PM

Post deleted by LQZ

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7386

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3