Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are Lap Dances Harmless? Is Testing Needed?
      #18254 - 06/07/01 03:14 AM

Hi. I am wondering whether lap dances, where a woman wearing a thong, t back, or g-string, rubs her self, including at times her genitals, against a clothed customer, whether or not that is risky for HIV or other STDs? I thought that if they were risky they would be outlawed, but then I read on the Net that several cities, including Tampa, Florida are banning them (I don't know if it is for health reasons). Are they risky if the customer does not wear a condom underneath his pants and underwear? I am concerned over the fact that vaginal fluids may soak through both the dancer's underwear and the customers pants, I am even worried if vaginal fluid gets on the customers pants in the first place. Last of all, if the man precums or comes fully, does this increase the risk for HIV or STD transmission? I am scared that vaginal fluids may mix with the semen.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CopperBlue
Regular

Reged: 06/04/01
Re: Are Lap Dances Harmless? Is Testing Needed? new
      #18261 - 06/07/01 12:15 PM

Hi there :)

Lap dances are completely harmless and free of risk if the customer is clothed. There is no evidence whatsoever that HIV can be transmitted through clothing, especially since the virus begins to die when it hits the air. Think about it - the virus would have to pass through the dancer's underwear, the man's pants, the man's underwear, and through the unbroken skin of the man's penis. It's just not possible. Unbroken skin alone is an effective barrier against HIV, since the virus must enter an opening to the bloodstream (such as a cut or a mucous membrane) in order to infect someone.

Ejaculation during a lap dance does not increase risk of infection to the male. Remember, you cannot be infected by your own body fluids - this is why masturbation is 100% safe. The dancer may be at a slightly higher risk if the ejaculate comes in contact with her vagina, but the customer continues to be completely safe.

In short, lap dances are entirely safe. As long as cuts on your body and other mucous membranes (eyes, urethra, lining of the mouth) do not come in contact with another person's body fluids, there is no risk of transmission whatsoever. Have fun! :)

Copper

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8595

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3