Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
kev2006
New User

Reged: 03/24/06
Can't get it out of my head
      #182201 - 03/24/06 04:30 PM

After unprotected vaginal and oral with a woman about nine months ago, I've had thousands of symptoms and several anybody tests. The results were negative at 3.5 weeks, 7 weeks, 12 weeks, 5 months, 6 months and 8 months.

Before the incident I was a regular blood donor. I've not taken any further risks since then.

The problem revolves around the fact that I am always tired, have a resident ulcer on my tongue and have had loose stools virtually every day for weeks and weeks.

I went to the GP today who knows about my worries. He's had me on a low dose antidepressant for anxiety but he changed his plan today. He suggested that I may have Crohns desease and was going to refer me to a consulltant. I was sort of relieved because it looked like a non-HIV problem.

However, when I told my wife she said that she'd has loose stools just like me for the same length of time. I'm terrified that we are both infected !

We've also both had the sniffles for a week or more.

I've decided to not see the consultant after all. I'm desperate and don't know what to do next.

Take care everyone

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can't get it out of my head new
      #182208 - 03/24/06 04:45 PM

Why are you not going to that appt? If it that it still needs to be taken care of.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182211 - 03/24/06 05:07 PM

you are afraid of pussy that is all

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182216 - 03/24/06 05:39 PM

dude u r negative!! Why do U keep thinking U R poz? U need to stop tormenting yourself. U have had several tests which put you in the clea. The 5 month and 6 month test put U in a league that is virtually 99.9999999999% safe. Go to the doc, find out what the real issue is (chrons disease) and also ask your GP to refer you to a Pscyhologist for therapy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182217 - 03/24/06 05:41 PM

Totally Agree with Anon Above. The loose stools could deffinately be anxiety. U R in the clear my man (as in negative, non-reactive, whatever U wanna call it). take care and move on

ReturnOfDouche
New User

Reged: 03/21/06
      #182231 - 03/24/06 06:39 PM

Are you symptoms anything like mine? If so, we might have the same problem. I am also negative out to 10 months. I am going to talk to Dr. Steve in LA in a couple of weeks. He can tell me it's not HIV, but he will have to tell me what it is, not just what it's not...

- Lack of energy
- Frequent fevers and sweats
- A thick, whitish coating of the tongue or mouth (thrush) that is caused by a yeast infection and sometimes accompanied by a sore throat (metallic taste in mouth)
- Periods of extreme and unexplained fatigue that may be combined with headaches, lightheadedness, and/or dizziness
- Rapid loss of more than 10 pounds of weight that is not due to increased physical exercise or dieting (15 pounds in 2 weeks)
- Bruising more easily than normal
- Long-lasting bouts of diarrhea (loose and mushy stools, green at times)
- Periods of continued, deep, dry coughing (longer than 3 months) (verified by a clinical physician)
- Increasing shortness of breath
- The appearance of discoloured or purplish growths on the skin or inside the mouth
- Unexplained bleeding from growths on the skin, from mucous membranes (bleeding from gums), or from any opening in the body
- Recurring or unusual skin rashes
- Severe numbness or pain in the hands or feet, the loss of muscle control and reflex, paralysis or loss of muscular strength
- An altered state of consciousness, personality change, or mental deterioration
- Whites of eyes have turned grey
- Appearance of warts of feet
- Red bumps on skin (verified by a clinical physician)
- Difficulty swallowing
- High heart rate at rest (consistently greater than 100 BPM even at rest)
- Dark urine consistently
- Frequent muscle twitching
- Skin ulcer on arm diagnosed as ‘staph infection’ (verified by a clinical physician)
- Chills during warm summer months
- Brown spots on skin
- Constant ringing in ears
- Frequent ‘gurgle’ in stomach
- Lack of significant bowel movements leading to subsequent weight gain
- Diagnosed with post nasal drip (verified by a clinical physician)
- Constant skin rashes

NOTE: Despite all of these symptoms, no swollen lymph nodes were ever observed.

kev2006
New User

#182251 - 03/24/06 08:10 PM

Because I don't think that it could be anything like that if my wife has the same symptoms. I fear that it is HIV for both of us.

ravi
Veteran

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #182271 - 03/24/06 08:57 PM

hi

regards from india

You have conclusively tested negative for HIV, ergo you are HV negative.

It is very likely the symptoms you experience are caused by something else and not HIV.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #182296 - 03/24/06 10:41 PM

daisey6205
Veteran

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #182315 - 03/25/06 03:47 AM

seriously ya'll.............. i dont want to be rude or anything, but douche bag needs to get a life. he is really starting to annoy the hell out of me..........................................
daisey

kev2006
New User

#194645 - 06/05/06 07:41 PM

Well, the gastro consultant did not find anything so far. I've tested antibody (Elisa) negative again at 10 months. Is THIS enough to he sure regardless of my loose bowel movements and my new habit of sweating rather a lot on a night ? The sweating happens regardless of if I am covered up or not and the bedding is damp, but not almost ready to wring out.

Thanks

[quote]After unprotected vaginal and oral with a woman about nine months ago, I've had thousands of symptoms and several anybody tests. The results were negative at 3.5 weeks, 7 weeks, 12 weeks, 5 months, 6 months and 8 months.

Before the incident I was a regular blood donor. I've not taken any further risks since then.

The problem revolves around the fact that I am always tired, have a resident ulcer on my tongue and have had loose stools virtually every day for weeks and weeks.

I went to the GP today who knows about my worries. He's had me on a low dose antidepressant for anxiety but he changed his plan today. He suggested that I may have Crohns desease and was going to refer me to a consulltant. I was sort of relieved because it looked like a non-HIV problem.

However, when I told my wife she said that she'd has loose stools just like me for the same length of time. I'm terrified that we are both infected !

We've also both had the sniffles for a week or more.

I've decided to not see the consultant after all. I'm desperate and don't know what to do next.

Take care everyone
[/quote]

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3364

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3