Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
JMaster
Unregistered

Looking for answers
      #182031 - 03/24/06 06:34 AM

Hi all,

This is a great site. I have posted a couple of questions before but never really explained my full situation.

Over 3 months ago I stepped on a needle and am concerned that somehow I may have been injected with fluid from within the bore/syringe. This mainly stems from the fact that at 6 weeks (all the way up til now) I started experiencing random fleeting pains in my limbs and for the past 3 weeks or so I have been experiencing muscle fasciculations - never experienced anything like this before and am scared that it may be neuropathy. Occasionally I also get tingling sensations.

Had an anitbody test at 12 weeks and it came back negative but couldn't let it go due to the persistant symptoms and the everlasting rumour that coinfection with Hepatitis C can delay seroconversion (needlestick injuries happens to be an efficient route for HCV infection). I'm ready to put this behind me once and for all.

So my question is, if I do not have detectable anitbodies at 14+ weeks, would I have a detectable viral load? Is it completely unlikely that if I were infected with HIV and HCV and had both antibody tests and NAT tests at 14 weeks that I would return a negative result for both infections? I had these tests ran today.

Please can anyone ease this mind and convince me that I definately am not infected with HIV?! I am so sick of worrying over this and can't wait to put it all behind me. Thanks so much to all who are patient enough to put up with all of this :o) Means a lot.

JMaster

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Looking for answers new
      #182042 - 03/24/06 08:39 AM

You have a 12 week negative under your belt. Seroconversion along with HCV might delay the results around the 4 week mark, but not the 12 week mark.

You are not infected. Can't get any plainer than that.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #182053 - 03/24/06 09:06 AM

No matter what else you were infected with you conclusively tested negative for HIV which is the more active of all of your worries, co-infection would have only slowed down the process a couple of days. And I thought it was reaching in to a trash can when you PM’ed me, now it is stepped on?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182063 - 03/24/06 09:42 AM

[quote]Please can anyone ease this mind and convince me that I definately am not infected with HIV?! [/quote]

We can't.. if the test results cannot convince you, much less can we... but the good thing is, you can convince yourself.. and I encourage that you do just that since we all know based on the fact that you have described that indeed you are negative.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #182129 - 03/24/06 01:34 PM

hi

regards from india

You are HIV negative..

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1172

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3