Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
briannan
Expert

Reged: 02/22/06
Guy's test results
      #180699 - 03/18/06 09:18 AM

So, the guy I was with got tested on 3/7, but has yet to pick up his results because he is "working a new shift" and "this is an inconvenience for him." My questioning post-incident has led me to believe that he has had other unprotected exposures. He firmly believes he is negative, but how does he know until her gets his results??
Please, no one make the mistake I did and assume that emergency room nurses are tested. I know it was a dumb mistake looking back. They are NOT tested, only tested if a possible exposure occurs.
Anyway, it is very frustrating waiting on him to tell me his results. My 6 week test was negative, and I am over a month away from the 12 week mark. I am hopeful that if his test is negative, I will be able to breathe easier until then. However, I am still fearful that his test could come back positive. I have been sick, for two, almost three weeks with fatigue and sore underams. I got over that, and now I have a sore throat and my lymph nodes in my neck are swollen. Although I know my test was a good sign, it still bothers me that I've had these symptoms.

Thanks to everyone, it has really helped my anxious mind to be able to get on these boards. Love, Brianna

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
luna13
Fanatic

Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: Tn
Re: Guy's test results new
      #180719 - 03/18/06 12:02 PM

Briannan: Don't lose your hope, I'll keep praying for you. I am sure everything is going to be fine.
Take care,
Luna.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 755

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3