Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xango and hiv testing
      #180492 - 03/17/06 11:56 AM

I was wondering if consuming Xango, the natural juice that has been said to have a lot of good stuff in it, can it affect the results when testing for hiv antibodies? The producers of Xango state that it boosts the immune system.. Anyone knows anything about this??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: Xango and hiv testing new
      #180521 - 03/17/06 03:23 PM

I googled Xango and read a few things about it.....its an anti-oxidant. Normally a good diet that includes plenty of FRESH fruits and vegetables ( maybe...with a daily multi vitamin and 1000 miligrams of vitamin C) will provide you all the anti oxidants you need. I do not think this could possibly alter or change an HIV test result. If you want me to go further, I do not believe that most of these so-called holistic remedies are any good. I remember the HIV poz guy who did a book and went national to say he had cured his HIV with natural remedies......then died of HIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Of course that was in 1989) And I can tell you that the reason my former lover ended up in the hospital with PCP was because he insisted on being treated by a holistic doctor who said that Paul's weight loss was due to his body "cleansing itself". Ya right. Next week he was in the hospital. The holistic Doc called about am appointment and I told him what had happened. He shut up real quick. We should have sued him.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #180533 - 03/17/06 03:49 PM

No it will not have any effect, if you were actually infected you would still produce antibodies in the normal amount of time.
HIV or not any product that makes you feel good and has the antioxidants and vitamins the body needs is good for it. Making an attempt to make ones body healthy and strong is never a bad thing, I have been a big advocate of regular exercise and healthy eating even before I was infected. I feel that is on thing that has helped me keep my health through all of the resent surgeries and physical woes for the last 6 years.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #180658 - 03/18/06 12:39 AM

hi

regards from india

No it wont.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3972

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3