Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do symptoms come all at once in ARS??
      #180112 - 03/15/06 06:26 PM

Im aware of what the symptoms are (if someone does have them)....but my question is, do they usually come all at once?

Or can you have JUST a headache for a couple days....then a sore throat...then that goes away and you get some fatigue...etc etc.

Or, when it (ARS) hits, does it hit all at once???

Also, do the biggest share of people who genuinely do experience ARS have a fever with it?? And is absence of a fever or mono like symptoms a good sign if not experienced in the first 2-6 weeks or so?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Do symptoms come all at once in ARS?? new
      #180116 - 03/15/06 06:36 PM

no one really knows the answer because not everyone gets ARS but from what i know ARS is flu like symptoms 2-4 weeks after infection and fever being most common. get a test if you think you were exposed to HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180125 - 03/15/06 06:49 PM

I read at another forum that if ARS occurs then symptoms happen together. Remember it's "flu like". Fever, Sore throat, headache, body aches, etc.. all together.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180135 - 03/15/06 08:03 PM

ARS is a syndrome -- a colletion of symptoms -- and therefore symptoms occur together. They usually occur 10-14 days post exposure, and it is estimated that it occurs in the vast majority of those infected (upwards of 80%). HIV is a deadly virus and therefore it is expected that the average human body will react to it.

It is a febrile, flu like illness. A high fever is present in almost all cases (remember the body is trying to fight off a massive infection).

Still, you can't judge by symptoms. If you have had a real exposure get a test.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180136 - 03/15/06 08:03 PM

ARS is a syndrome -- a colletion of symptoms -- and therefore symptoms occur together. They usually occur 10-14 days post exposure, and it is estimated that it occurs in the vast majority of those infected (upwards of 80%). HIV is a deadly virus and therefore it is expected that the average human body will react to it.

It is a febrile, flu like illness. A high fever is present in almost all cases (remember the body is trying to fight off a massive infection).

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180137 - 03/15/06 08:03 PM

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #180240 - 03/16/06 10:22 AM

hi

regards from india

Every human being has a different immune pattern, ergo the response to HIV through the medium of ARS may be different and symptoms may vary.

However most likely ARS symptoms are of febrile nature and concurrent.

i would really be surprised if someone is experiencing ARS does not experience fever, but it may happen as i said every human body has a different response.

ARS symptoms occur 2-4 weeks post exposure. Evaluation of your status based on symptoms experienced is highly inappropriate. If you feel worried you may want to test.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180265 - 03/16/06 11:45 AM

Again IF there is a fever...is it usually fairly high?? ( I know...probably depends on the person...but just in general)....or is like a 99 degree temperature considered an "ARS fever"....????

What about runny nose...stuffy-ness, sneezing.....????

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #180267 - 03/16/06 11:49 AM

hi

regards from india

Ofcourse it is high and 99 degree is not considered fever.

What about runny nose...stuffy-ness, sneezing.....well nothing, it is a common condition in people who are HIV negative.

I would say presence.absence of symptoms does not evaluate your status perse, only a test can!

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17100

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3