Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
blacktattoo
Unregistered

One Last Time
      #180110 - 03/15/06 06:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I know you are fed up with me but you are the only people I can share my feelings with. I know you can not go with symptoms when it comes to HIV and best way is to get tested. Problem is that I am scared shitless and I need your opinions to go from where I am standing.

I have realized that the test I took at September, 2005 was NOT 10 but 8 weeks after the incident. I was sick during the test so maybe I was still seroconverting. Which means that I am 4-5 weeks short. The guy's test was 8,5 weeks after the incident. I have developed some mouth sores and rough feeling inside my mouth cheeks, some anal warts, my wife's period's got messed up, she seems to have some bleeding between her periods.

The guy tested for me 16 weeks after the incident. However he is 65 years old but people told me age is not a big factor and 13 week is golden. I was happy but then I read that corticostereoids might give false negatives. He had some cold sores around his lips and he was taking corticostreoids while taking the ELISA test both at 8.5 weeks and 16 weeks. So I am not sure if his results are reliable anymore.

Starting 14 week from my exposure I had these sores, fatigue and now for the last 1-1.5 months I have a strange white line bulp on my penis. My wife has a white lesion around her vagina too. It could be some sort of a skin problem which is common in people with HIV I guess. I did a lot of reading and realize that in MOST cases people do not seem to have any symptom for at least 1 year after being infected. Did you ever come up (personally or from people you know) with people who start experiencing these kind of problems due to HIV right after seroconversion. Receptive oral without ejaculation is very low risk people say and both my tests and the guy's test seems like I am in clear but I still do not have the guts since being away from home and my status in Canada makes it very hard.

Also in Canada the offical window period is still 6 months. I do not know why this is the case. Seems like I am one of the unlucky one that seroconvert late and have HIV symptoms early. Probably I have HIV and from the way my body reacts, it seems like my resistance level to the virus is very low. I would be happy if I know all the things I know at the moment so that my wife would be HIV free but sharing almost same symptoms make me wonder. She is a very weak person and if she has it, I do not know what is gonna happen. It is probable that his father would kill me. I am totally a mess and you are the only people I can share this with.

Please tell me what should I expect next and what should I do when I face my positive results which is gonna be soon since I am gonna go to doctor and I am sure he will ask me to get a HIV test based on my symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: One Last Time new
      #180120 - 03/15/06 06:42 PM

wow you have a negative at 8 weeks but you are convinced you have HIV and the person you think you gor HIV tested negative beyond the window.

i just don't understand this

you are also asking what to expect when you get your positive result

wow

blacktattoo
Unregistered

#180201 - 03/16/06 01:17 AM

Seems like nobody cares about me. I am really in pain and I need help. Please do not leave me alone. I am really scared to let everybody down.

PLEASEEEE

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #180219 - 03/16/06 08:51 AM

It's not that no one cares.....Your partner tested 16 weeks out neg...you tested neg....you are HIV neg. I don't know what is causing your problems, but it is not HIV. The sores in your mouth and rough cheeks are more than likely from stress....the rough cheeks are probably a result of them getting rubbed and irritated by you clenching your teeth from stress.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #180238 - 03/16/06 10:18 AM

hi

regards from india

You and your partner have tested negative and i see NO reason why you should be worried regarding HIV. I dont think HIV is your problem.

If you feel worried you may want to test again and get your symptoms evaluated from your health care provider.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1333

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3