Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV WBA TESTING
      #18010 - 05/25/01 05:18 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anyone would know whether or not a Hiv WBA test(which is higher testing than hiv1 regular test) is effective for checking for hiv? Is there such a thing as testing the blood for hiv rather than hiv antibodies? Thanks for your help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
babyruth
Fanatic

Reged: 01/09/01
Re: HIV WBA TESTING new
      #18014 - 05/25/01 07:13 PM

From what i know there is a test called PCR that looks for the virus instead for the antibodies, but because is very sensitive it has a high average of false-positive that's why it needs always to be confirmed by an antibody test in case this last it's positive also them has to be confirmed by western blood test and that is the definitive one.

Take care and God Bless, stay safe and healthy.

R.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18024 - 05/26/01 11:26 AM

Thanks babyruth. I'll be getting my results next week sometimes probaly June5th. My prognosis doesn't look to good, I have ohl(white hairy tongue that doesn't scrape off) and white creamy cheeks of my mouth. No antibiotics have worked and I also get floaters sometimes, and my body fat has gone done dramatically, and I have possible ks(kaposi sarcoma) on my fingertips and the soles of my feet. But what I don't understand is why wouldn't the elisa test pick up on the antibodies? I had last possible exposure in Aug 99(unprotected het.sex with female vaginally for a few seconds). Could I possibly have AIDS now that is why the test is not picking it up? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions but I'm very concerned. To make it worse that was the only female I've ever been with. She was very promiscious. Well pray for me and God Bless. I've had 3 negative elisa antibody tests one shortly after the exposure(sept 99, feb 00, jan 01)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18026 - 05/26/01 03:47 PM

YOu've tested negative a year and more after the exposure!
Whatever it is you have is not HIV or AIDS. TRy asking a Doctor instead of guessing. What is Possible KS on your fingertips and feet could really be something but you won't know if you don't get it checked or it could be nothing.
Seems to me you have an awful lot wrong with you to not getting checked out especially after being brave enough to take the 3 HIV tests.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1689

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3