Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
GoTeam
Unregistered

Symptoms of HIV or Anxiety?
      #179654 - 03/14/06 08:28 AM

Howdy,

For 7-8 weeks now I have been experiencing random pains (all over) that last seconds before hitting another part of my body - it happens every day but I will go an hour or two at times without feeling them.

Amongst all this I have experienced 5 days of numbness and pins and needles affected all limbs (right up to my groin and shoulders) and face. I now occasionally feel brief sensations (like a drop of water hitting my hand) that occur randomly. Finally for the past week or so I have been experiencing muscle fasciculations (or twitches). Once again, these are not limited to any specific area of my body and are definately intermittent. They don't seem like they are going away any time soon.

So here is where I am at - wondering whether this is an extremely early case of PN as a result of HIV infection (I'm at 10 weeks now) or whether it can be all chalked up to anxiety. I would accept anxiety as the cause however it seems that these sensations still occur (albeit less frequently) when I am not actively stressing about the incident and my mind is completely occupied by something else.

So anyone have any ideas? Hopefully someone spies something in my case which defiantly rules out PN as a possibility and then I can begin to accept this as anxiety and move forward. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it so much. This is a great site.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Symptoms of HIV or Anxiety? new
      #179658 - 03/14/06 08:36 AM

PN does not present it's self in the manner you are describing.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #179659 - 03/14/06 08:40 AM

HIV doesn’t do that - that is due to stress and anxiety causing the muscles to be to tight and irritating the nerves.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #179663 - 03/14/06 09:17 AM

Well to start out with there are all kinds of neuropathy and several that effect people infected with hiv. peripheral neuropathy is usually referring to the one that effects late stage hiv infection (8-10 years) there is acute inflamatory neuropathy that is similiar to gulles barre syndome, dont know if i spell that right , this effects newly infected hiv patients but this is very severe and usually goes away in 3 weeks, someone who gets this will show up in an emergency room. there is also a chronic form of this which is not as severe but is none of the things you have describe, everything you described is indictive of nerves being stressed out and mis firing in the body. hope this helps, love and peace

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #179677 - 03/14/06 10:03 AM

hi

regards from india

Looks more likely as stress. Anyways presence or absence symptoms should not be used as a tool in concluding one's status.

if you feel worried that you may have put yourself at risk, you may want to test.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3996

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3