Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
itsthatgirl

Reged: 02/22/06
Lymph Nodes
      #179108 - 03/09/06 08:15 PM

I guess besides my rash the other "symptom" that has sent me in to total WW land is that I have a lymph node in my neck that has been swollen for about 3 months, since I was sick in December... It isn't swollen to the extent that it was when I was sick but it is definitely still palpable. I have gone to the Dr,'s for it and she doesn't seem concerned, but said if it were still present in a few weeks she would biopsy it. I have 2 questions... Is this similar to lymph problems found in those with HIV? Also, would a lymph biopsy show any abnormalites that would point to HIV?
Thanks in advance,
K-19-VA

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Lymph Nodes new
      #179114 - 03/09/06 08:58 PM

hi

regards from india

I believe you have conclusively tested negative for HIV(correct me if i am wrong). If that is the case then the symptoms you experience are not related to HIV.

I do not know what is causing them, however you may want to get those symptoms evaluated from your healthcare [provider.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

itsthatgirl

Reged: 02/22/06
      #179123 - 03/09/06 09:53 PM

I did test negative but then I started worrying about this night that I got drunk and blacked out and I am not sure if anything happened but it could have because I do not remember part of that night... That was only 23 days before I got my negative test... So if I did have unprotected sex and was infected I would not know...My room mate said she is pretty sure nothing happened because she was at the party but who knows??? Maybe she is just trying to ease my fears b/c she knows I am a WW... I realize I have OCD but I also realize it is possible for someone with OCD to contract HIV...

LoneRanger
Unregistered

#179156 - 03/10/06 09:02 AM

I suggest that you test at the 3 months mark, get your negative results, and move on. I've found out that you can really harm yourself if you let your mind roll. Better let the music roll .. Yes.. I'm a cowboy who loves Rock'n Roll.. what's wrong with that? :) Good Luck! and God Bless!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #179167 - 03/10/06 09:53 AM

hi

regards from india

I would agree it is MORE to do with OCD rather than HIV. However if you doubt that you may have put yourself at risk, then you may want to test.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#179401 - 03/12/06 11:56 AM

are your lymph nodes tender or non-tender i had swollen on both sides of neck non tender and cold sore in mouth stiff mucsle in back of neck headache slight sore throat very dry cough exposed 08-17-05
tested neg 2-22-06 having lot more symptoms such as swollen saliva glands and popping in ears toothache drymouth

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1917

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3