Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

folliculitis and bump in throat??
      #178957 - 03/08/06 06:53 PM

Is folliculitis common in early HIV (2-3 months after infection?) i have several infected follicles that itch and burn on my stomach.... I've had swollen nodes for awhile now (felt by a doctor) and a sore throat for over a month, now with a bump (not a canker sore) on my soft pallate, along with red sore patches on my gums. I'm going to get tested next week, but wanted to know if folliculitis/ oral bumps are common. Please help me, I am terrified.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: folliculitis and bump in throat?? new
      #179049 - 03/09/06 09:48 AM

hi

regards from india

Symptoms should not be used as a tool to diagnose your status.Folliculitis is a common condition, it is also experienced by HIV-negative individuals.

If you feel worried you may have put yourself at risk, you may want to test at 12 weeks post exposure.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

Reged: 08/10/11
Re: folliculitis and bump in throat?? new
      #256982 - 08/15/11 02:24 AM

Hello,

I have folliculities on both of my upper arms, my thighs, and recently my chest. I have a soar throat with phelgm that lasted for foing on two months. My last at risk exposure was on October 2006. I had not placed my self at risk since then. I tested with ElISA HIV test on August 2008 (2 times), October 2010, February 2011 (2 Times) and June 2011. ALL came back NEGATIVE. I am way past the window period but still feel so much fear, obsession, and irrational beliefs. But these symptoms are real to me. I think back to HIV again. I am trying to accept my Negative results but these symptoms just won'st go away.

Am I serconverting at this time? Did my body did not develop enought HIV antibodies during all 6 Negative Tests? I don't know what to do. I am thinking about getting tested today, but so scared to see the results!

Well good luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8329

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3