Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

is this hiv???
      #178524 - 03/06/06 04:20 AM

I had unprotected sex back in mid-Nov 2005 and have felt fine till 2/18/06..when I got the flu, pharyngitis and laryngitis. I took Tamiflu and Omnicef and strted feeling fine till 3/1/06 and I have had a mild sore throat since then, but not sore all the time, usually early mornings and late night. My wife feels fine and she had the same illnesses, as did my mom, sis, and stepdad. My mom still has the sore throat too and she has had no unprotected sez outside of marriage. My throat is only mildly sore on the left side and my lymph nodes are not swollen and do not hurt anywhere else on my body either. I also have had no fever and I am not fatigued. My medical doctor has not tested me, but seems 100% positive that I do not have HIV or AIDS. What do you folks think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: is this hiv??? new
      #178528 - 03/06/06 06:58 AM

ARS appears 2- 4 weeks after exposure, you are talking about more than 14 weeks!!.
you do not have ARS.If you want to know if you are possitve you can test now and results will be conclusive, I bet you are negative... but sure your sympthoms are not ARS

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #178536 - 03/06/06 09:17 AM

I think a general family doctor is pretty niave to HIV, and the only way to know for sure is an HIV test, go get tested.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #178537 - 03/06/06 09:18 AM

Ars is sometrhing that would appear 2-4 weeks post exposure. This is way beyond this. No one here is a doctor to diagnose you but this sounds like a cold, flu , sore throat. It is cold and flu season. Do not look to deep into this. If you feel more comfortable to test for an accurate answer but I would say you are fine.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #178557 - 03/06/06 09:51 AM

hi

regards from india

Firstoff, Tamiflu and Omnicef or for that matter any medicine should be taken under doctor's supervision.

Now coming onto your query, If you had your exposure in Nov 2005, why wait and suspect your status?

Get tested ASAP, your results will be accurate!

ARS symptoms occur 2-4 weeks post exposure. However symptoms mean nothing and should notb e used as a tool to diagnose HIV.

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1561

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3