Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

red band around teeth -- linear gingivial erythema
      #177351 - 02/26/06 08:32 PM

Hi everyone,
I had a possible low risk sexual exposure 2 years ago with an unknown man. We used a condom but there was possible precum exposure when condom not on yet. I did have swollen glands in neck, sore throat about 3-4 weeks later, diarrhea and night sweats 2 months after exposure. Then i started taking my temp and it was 99.1(about 3-4 weeks later - this is a low grade fever !!!). Well i went to get tested and when time came to get results, I was so nervous and crying hysterically-- that I got lost and could not find the testing site !!! That's the truth. I called them to tell them i was lost and the woman put me on hold. Then i told her do you know who this is and she said yes, i do even though it was anonymous confidential. (which made me think my test was on her desk with positive result) SInce they were closing (I was late cuz i was lost) I never went back. They never called either even though they had my phone number, so I assumed i was then negative. and I let it go. NOW i have a red band around my teeth and the only thing on the internet says hiv+ people have this ONLY. I am now convinced i have HIV. I am soooo scared to get tested. Is this a sure sign of HIV? Serious replies only. Thanks so much for your support.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #177354 - 02/26/06 08:52 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: red band around teeth -- linear gingivial erythema new
      #177359 - 02/26/06 09:06 PM

Hi thanks for replying. I know you can't be diagnosed over the internet but something as definitive as red band gingivitis and google-ing it only results in HIV+ results makes me lose all hope. This does not look good to be able to work up the courage to see if i have a chance of being negative.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: red band around teeth -- linear gingivial erythema new
      #177382 - 02/26/06 10:26 PM

first off 99.1 is normal temp that is not a low grade fever, low grade fever is around 100. normal human body temp will go from 97.4 to 99.4 in the course of 24 hours. red band around teeth meaning erythmia gingivitis is not indictive of only hiv its indictive of bad oral hygiene and emotional stress,(bet you didnt know that last one)go get tested so you can move past this, why live in hell if you dont belong there. love and peace

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2223

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3