Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Need help, Big Time!
      #177294 - 02/26/06 01:23 PM

Hi All,

I had sex with a prostitute, around a year and a half back. I started having some problems(fever, diarrhea, rashes) around 2 1/2 months after that. Initially i didn't bother, but when the problems persisted for some time and I did some research and found that things could be related to HIV. I got myself tested a month after that and was tested negative. I was hoping that things would end there, but they didn't, my health related problem went on. I still had stomach related problems and doctors weren't able to tell me what the problem was. I started some exercise and after around another 10 months things did get a li'l better with some medication and excercise. But then again I started feeling fullnes in the upped right quadrant of the stomach. Feels like some liver related problem. Again tests showed that everything is fine. And now I have a lot of rashes (blisters) on my chest and stomach.
I did get tested for HIV again at 6 months and at 12 months. I even got tested for Syphilis and Hepatitis. The results were negative.
Now I am not really sure if I have really started having these many problems or I am blowing things out proportion and noticing everything closely since that episode. I am married and now I also notice that my wife isn't enjoying the best of her health. She get a cold every alternate month.
I am still going crazy with the thought "What if there is still something?" and "What id i have passed on something to my wife?". I do not want to get into habit of getting myself tested every 3 months, but I am unable to handle these thoughts. Things get bad enough at times to make me think of killing myself.
I hope there is someone out there who can help me with this situation. How to handle this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Need help, Big Time! new
      #177297 - 02/26/06 01:49 PM

Sorry no one can help you. You must be able to read because you posted this post. If you can read then you must know about HIV. If you know about HIV then you know about testing. If you know about testing then you know you don't have HIV. Now go see a shrink.
DJ

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177301 - 02/26/06 01:58 PM

First, thanks for replying. Somewhere I started beleiving that I do not have HIV infection, but the point I was trying to make earlier is... it does not stop there, there are questions like:
- what if it is something else and equally bad?
- the thought of infection comes back whenever you get sick

I would like to know
- how to fight these thoughts?
- how to move on?
- how to stop thinking about being sick all the time

I saw many posts of testing negative month after the exposure, but still having some health related problem, which doctors can't explain. How to deal with this ?

Brandy
Guru

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
      #177302 - 02/26/06 02:00 PM

Hon you've tested enough you dont have it, whatever health problems you and your wife are having is just something else dont worry your self so much if that was your only high risk time then your fine hon..... okay

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #177303 - 02/26/06 02:16 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177309 - 02/26/06 02:39 PM

Hey Brandy,

Thanks a ton for replying.
I still get worried whenever me or my wife get sick. Is there a way I can stop thinking about HIV when this happens.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177311 - 02/26/06 02:45 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.
I may have to see a mental health professional eventually, or may be I can learn from other people's experiences.
This forum one of the best help I have got till now and I would like to thank everyone who's replying and everyone who's posted his/her story here.
I hope I can avoid going to the mental health professional with help from you guys.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #177340 - 02/26/06 07:14 PM

geeeeez. no need to sound so rude. play nice.

Brandy
Guru

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
      #177341 - 02/26/06 07:27 PM

we are all here to help and get answers hon
try not to stress that in its self isnt real healthy
Im glad I could help

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1943

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3