Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
R.R.
Unregistered

PLS Help Me EricCo, Hellfire72, GmanBill and friends
      #177210 - 02/25/06 12:50 PM

Love all you guys, would you orient me please.

I was exposed to pos+ woman, vag intercourse.
no condom, 0.5hrs.
Tested neg 3.5 at months with Elisa 3rd generation, and neg hiv1 DNA PCR
both tests done by A.I.M. health (Health Line Labs).
I had the symptoms of sweats, rash on my back, weight loss, and white tonge with ulcerations, lately several softpen tip size black moles appeared on my shoulders, I was extremely stressed since the first week. My wife also was negative at 11 weeks w 3rd gen Elisa test at Stanford Labs. I am having a constant slight headache for the past week, and my wife shows what appears k.s. on her back, small pea size raised bumps, 3 or 4.
Are 3 month tests truly conclusive? Must we wait 6 months? Do you think we have a new undetectable hiv strain, that is very contagious?
What should I do. please help.
I have three kids and believe one of them is now infected, I saw he had cottage cheese thrush type in his tongue and
rash on his back also.
My other two kids seem to have developed a couple of new black moles birth marks softpen tip size too.
All stds were negative.
Per the CDC do 97% really seroconvert in 3 months?
Is average 21 days? With kindness asking based on your knowledge what do you think is the 'window'.
What can you guys tell me please. Thank you and god bless you all.

A friend - R.R.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: PLS Help Me EricCo, Hellfire72, GmanBill and friends new
      #177211 - 02/25/06 12:55 PM

hi

regards from india

You are HIV negative...period!

Consequently further hiv testing is unwarrented

Use condoms!

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: PLS Help Me EricCo, Hellfire72, GmanBill and friends new
      #177221 - 02/25/06 01:32 PM

R.R.... my love, relax! could it be that you are harboring so much guilt for what you've done that you are actually looking for signs so you can continue to punish yourself? please relax, you are negative. sounds to me like you may have a little bit more than this one time experience with this woman... maybe this is just the culmination of a serious of events that have you feeling guily, depressed, anxious?? look, i'm copying/pasting this from webmd... sound familiar. instead of looking for HIV in your family & driving yourself crazy... enjoy them. enjoy your life, enjoy your wife & enjoy your children. you have been faced with your own mortality... it's a scary thing. go do that "family thing" that you all used to do before everyone got too busy. life is short... make it sweet. and just to add a little levity, you could always tattoo over the moles, that's what i'm doing! AND I'M NOT COVERED IN MOLES BECAUSE I HAVE HIV!!! i'm just a moley kinda person! smooches!

Recognizing the Symptoms of Depression

Headaches. These are fairly common in people with depression. If you already had migraine headaches, they may become worse if you're depressed.

Back pain. If you already suffer with back pain, it may get worse if you become depressed.

Muscle aches and joint pain. Depression can make any kind of chronic pain worse.

Chest pain. Obviously, it's very important to get chest pain checked out by an expert right away. It can be a sign of serious heart problems. But chest pain is also associated with depression.

Digestive problems. You might feel queasy or nauseous. You might have diarrhea or become chronically constipated.

Exhaustion and fatigue. No matter how much you sleep, you may still feel tired or worn out. Getting out of the bed in the morning may seem very hard, even impossible.

Sleeping problems. Many people with depression can't sleep well anymore. They wake up too early or can't fall asleep when they go to bed. Others sleep much more than normal.

Change in appetite or weight. Some people with depression lose their appetite and lose weight. Others find they crave certain foods -- like carbohydrates -- and weigh more.

Dizziness or lightheadedness.

Many depressed people never get help, because they don't know that their physical symptoms might be caused by depression. A lot of doctors miss the symptoms, too.

These physical symptoms aren't "all in your head." Depression can cause real changes in your body. For instance, it can slow down your digestion, which can result in stomach problems.

Depression seems to be related to an imbalance of certain chemicals in your brain. Some of these same chemicals play an important role in how you feel pain. So many experts think that depression can make you feel pain differently than other people.

Treating Physical Symptoms
In some cases, treating your depression -- with therapy or medicine or both -- will resolve your physical symptoms.

But make sure to tell your health care provider about any physical symptoms. Don't assume they'll go away on their own. They may need additional treatment. For instance, your doctor may suggest an antianxiety medicine if you have insomnia. Those drugs help you relax and may allow you to sleep better.

Since pain and depression go together, sometimes easing your pain may help with your depression. Some antidepressants, such as Cymbalta and Effexor, may help with chronic pain, too.

Other treatments can also help with painful symptoms. Certain types of focused therapy -- like cognitive behavioral -- can teach you ways to cope better with the pain.

Headaches, stiff neck, neck aches, dizziness. These problems have many causes, such as stress and tension. They also can be physical symptoms of depression. If you don't usually get headaches, and if you haven't had a head injury, your headaches and neck aches could be a symptom of depression. If you are prone to headaches, they may get worse when you're depressed. Depression has a way of magnifying pain, because you're more focused on negative things -- a hallmark of depression.

* Few headaches are caused by life-threatening conditions, but if your headache is the worst one you've ever experienced or it is associated with vomiting or other symptoms, see your health care provider right away.

Insomnia is also common among depressed people and can be debilitating. It can rob the body of energy, causing fatigue, slowing the body down, making every day a struggle. If you have stress in your life -- you're in the middle of a breakup, or have a loved one who is ill -- the stress can have a physical impact. Stress and depression can lead to both insomnia and fatigue.

Keeping a symptom diary can help you identify your pattern and understand what may be triggering your symptoms. Take the diary and this page to your doctor to discuss what may be causing your symptoms

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1125

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3